Perpetuum Online

Joshinator

Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak 3 Server Opera
I have great respect for this game after reading launch review and what not. It seems amazing how a dev team with a big shot publisher can have one of the worst releases, when this game, which is made by a couple of guys working out of a house, can create a game that rivals big names, and almost has an A+ release.

I believe I am going to try it. If anyone wants to join me (if i decide my wallet can handle the 2.50 or 10.95 subscription), here's the website.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/

wow, this has way too many inspirations from EvE. Biggest difference sounds like it has a PVE focus instead of PVP.
Nope, after more looking at the website it does have a PVP focus.

Last edited:
This game has had a lot of hype for a long time...and I have heard a lot of good about it...but the business model sounds weird...which could be it's downfall... But so far things are looking good... One thing I had read from first impressions though...many say "It's a good game, and should keep you occupied for 1 to 3 months..." 1 to 3 months is not a good interest time for an MMO...but heh...maybe there will be an update or something...

Does the game have a monthly fee?

Yes, 30-day subscriptions are available on our site for €8.95 / $9.95 depending on the region.
Darn. I was hoping to check this out as I'd like to see how some of the core game design elements play out. Specifically:
Persistent universe

Every player is a part of one server, one scene, one storyline.

Formable planet surface

The whole terrain can be formed by military, agricultural or even aesthetic aspects.

Dynamically changing vegetation

The flora is changing perpetually, its parameters can be modified by the player, so even huge plantations - containing useful raw materials - can be established.
I didn't read any mention of a free trial, so it looks like I'll be sitting this one out.

I would be interested in hearing opinions from any forum regulars who decide to try it out, though.

It has a trial.. they charge 2 dollars for it though.. it's an interesting game if it's your type of thing...

It's a trial.. just not a free trial :p No one ever said trials where free all the time :)
Fair enough.

Though I've never heard of a MMO trial that wasn't free before Perpetuum.

Back