Pet nerf's in 1.9

lanki

14 pages of hunters crying about pet movement speed nerf in 1.9
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-hunter&T=853315&P=1

I too unhappy with the changes, my zg bat now moves at the same speed of a turtle :(. On a more serious note, the beastial tree implemented a few patches ago is now pretty worthless since it was the pet that made the tree awesome. No more big red animals roaming aobut in bgs, and even if they are big and red anyone can out run them.

Sorry to hear that Anadi, but i do think that blizzard needed to do somthing about that ZG bat and beastial wrath. the ZG bat attacked so often that i could almost never get a cast off, if hunters with the ZG bat anf BW were coming after you it wasnt hard to kill them, but nearly impossible. Alot of hunters now are complaining that they are "gimped" because their pets are "normal". The hunters pet should aid the hunter in killing Horde and - or Alliance, not do it for them, which is exactly what BW and some pets did.

Odale said:
Sorry to hear that Anadi, but i do think that blizzard needed to do somthing about that ZG bat and beastial wrath. the ZG bat attacked so often that i could almost never get a cast off, if hunters with the ZG bat anf BW were coming after you it wasnt hard to kill them, but nearly impossible. Alot of hunters now are complaining that they are "gimped" because their pets are "normal". The hunters pet should aid the hunter in killing Horde and - or Alliance, not do it for them, which is exactly what BW and some pets did.

u will still not be able to get a cast off cause the attack speed is still 1.0...however, now the pet can't even keep up with the hunter and if u keep moving the pet won't attack u at all. I can see why people were complaining about the pet movement speed, and I agree getting a nerf but not nerf where my pet doesn't even attack or keep up with me :(

The problem with being overpowered, even for a little bit, is that the nerf bat always comes and it comes too hard. Then, the fix takes twice as long as it took the designers to make the nerf.

.se3ker. said:
i'm still waitin' on priest nerf :)

You're kidding me!! Locks should be hit with the nerf stick.

Pets definately got gimped big time. I was out grinding in Silithus today to skill up my pet's loyalty. My biggest problem was I had to wait about 5-10 seconds when I sent my pet in to make sure it gets a growl off and builds enough agro to hold the mob. If the my unnamed pet lost agro, I had to tank the mob 10 seconds just to make sure my pet regains agro. The whole purpose of a pet is to tank and a little dmg (I have enough pre 1.9 grinding exp to notice how slow my kill rate has been lately). As Stoop has mentioned, pets can't even keep up with the hunter, the run/chase speed is so slow now that it cant even chase a mob which is running away.

For every hunter that has a zg bat, there are about 10 other hunters that do not have it. I can only think of one hunter from HK that has the zg bat. As far as the sons of hakkar go only a handful of people have it on our server (I've only see 3 other people with it). The only pet that used to deal insane dmg was lupos, pre 1.9 patch he used to shadow dmg, he holds the highest crit ever recorded by a pet (1100+ crit on molten giant. I will be the first to say that lupos did need a nerf (I had it since I was lvl 23 and it recorded a highest crit of 643). Patch 1.9 has really nerfed bm specced hunters, 18 seconds or 1 minute of beastial wrath is pretty useless if the pet can't keep up with the target.

I hope blizzard does make it so that taming a lvl 60 elite pet has more benefits than taming a lvl 1 pet (pet dmg is pretty equivalent, the dps works out to be the same at 60 for most pets 40-60dps). In other good news, people have decided to stop rolling hunters, yay for more hunter loot for me!!!

Back