• Maybe, we'll see

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, gotta save cash

• No, my 'puter won't run it

• Total voters

Shagz

Of those of you who are looking to pick up the game, are you interested in creating an Onslaught/Assault team? By team, I mean we'll just hit a server together and work together in team games. I'd like to get in there with some ToJers who actually want to play as a team, and not like the regular guys out there who don't know how to hitch a ride on a Scorpion or Manta (or know how to wait up for a guy on foot and give him a ride).

I'd love to play as a Team but I will need to get "up to speed" on things. I've only played the original UT, although I've played the UT2K4 demo...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ Mar. 05 2004,9:41)]Of those of you who are looking to pick up the game, are you interested in creating an Onslaught/Assault team?
Oh my word, yes. Just hit me up on IM after you install the game and I'll come along--that is, if I can.

biggrin.gif

Elite, no worries, if you've played the demo, you're up to speed.  Onslaught isn't really *that* deep (<plug>unlike XMP</plug>) and like I said, nothing official, let's just hook up for a few games, or at least nail down a good, respectful server that we can all agree on and hit that up every once in a while; in other words, an "unofficial" ToJ server.

I think if we can nail a server down for frequent playing, that'll go a long way to getting us to play together.  The Q3F community has unfortunately been reduced to one server in North America, which is bad (not enough support for the mod) and good (it's *really* easy to find people to play with or find players you know, 'cuz there's only one place to go).  If we do the same here, it will be easy for us to find each other w/o having to resort setting up scheduled times or using 5 different IM programs.  What say you?

I will be buying the Linux version of the game ASAP. I've only had the demo two days but I love ONS (the bots are too easy though).
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (James @ Mar. 13 2004,3:53)]I will be buying the Linux version of the game ASAP.
Isn't the Linux version bundled with the PC version?

By the by, mad props to Epic for their support of Linux. It brings me just one step closer to loading Linux on my primary PC (but there are still many, many steps left to go).

And the Mac too!  The UT2004 demos for PC, Linux and Mac came out at almost the exact same time.

BTW, for server listings, check http://www.toj.cc/ut/activity.cfm in the future.  I don't have anything listed there yet, but if you have suggestions, use the "e-mail me" link on that page.  I'll look for a good Onslaught-only and Assault-only server sometime this week (by "good" I mean good ping and relatively polite players).

CS, I'll put up that WolfGaming Ons/Assault alternating server tonight.

My copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 2-DVD Special Edition left Dulles, Virginia at 5:41AM this morning. Estimated delivery time is Mar 17, 2004 by 4:30PM.

w00t! *clears space on his hard drive and dances a jig*

Back