Planetsid

Details man, details! How fun was it? What was it like? I guess you got in on the beta also, I'm jealous, I wanted to beta that game. Oh well.

Gimme da scoop!

Are battles big? Well let's just say this: In beta, there are up to 4000 people on one server. This is beta. Post-release will have MANY more players. Battles can be huge.

There are 10 continents, and I've never seen one quiet. There is always at least one squad out there causing trouble. I know, because I was in a squad at 3am that worked hard to take over an entire continent. But during day, you need several squads for just ONE facility, let alone taking whole continent of 20+ buildings to capture.

On the way to one facility, I flew over a friendly base. There was a transport ship there being loaded, with other support ships on ground. My squad had a big galaxy transport ship, and 2 reaver assault ships for support. Flying through the air, we made an intimidating force. That didn't stop enemy reavers from attacking. That dog fight took a while, but we came out victorious. I've thus far never lost a dog fight, I have found my calling as a reaver pilot.

This game is FUN! Battles all the time, non-stop action. If you enjoy mindless never-ending killing that is present in all FPS games, you will like Planetside more. It's so incredible.

Back