Please pray for my girls

Captain_Tea

I am divorced and I have four daughters. They range in age from oldest to youngest; 15, 10, 8, and 6. My ex wife left me for another man just over 4 years ago. She was ok at first and sent all the girls to see me. Then over time she stopped making them come and the oldest two rarely if ever come to see me :( . The youngest 2 however rarely miss a day. I have joint legal custody and my parenting time is very clearly spelled out in the divorce decree in detail. I got remarried a little over a year ago to a good godly woman, and my ex has become even worse and more hostile since then. I have been tied up in court trying to get my parenting time enforced for almost a year now. Our trial has been adjourned pending all the children see a councilor so he can make recommendations to the court about the situation. I ask that you prayer warriors please pray that the councilor and judge both see through any deception on her part and that justice is served, so that I can rebuild my damaged relationships with my oldest 2 daughters before it is too late.

my mom divorced my biological foather when i was about 1 if that

i dont rlly know much about him or care for him too much, i barley know him, i met him once when i was about 5 so he could sign the papers to allow my dad to adopt me. your girls are lucky that there dad stil loves them though, some people would just ignore them and hope they turn out good in the end.

ill pray for ya.

custody issues are always ugly :( My parents dealt with it with my older brother. Remember that no matter what happens, you will have an effect on your girls. It is never to late. Your relationship with them can always be rebuilt & renewed. As long as you are the man & father God has called you to be their is no need to worry. God is faithful. For example my parents had a rule about not talking down about my older brother's mom. His mom didn't have the same type of respect. Another example is that my parents wouldn't let my brother watch certain movies till he was old enough. Once again-his mom let him watch whatever he wanted. While he was young he favored his mom because of these things, but when we got older it was my parents that he looked to for guildance. They just keep doing what was right and not what was easy.

I'll be praying for the girls counsler to see how much they need to have their father in their lives.

not ashamed, i have friend who are alot like that.

their dad divorced their mom, and married someone else. they live with him and their mom, but they also visit their biological mother every now and then. there real home is a christian home where they are homeschooled have a decent life. tehre biological mother lets them play/watch wahtever they want rlly.

its nice ot hear a story like urs though^^

Been there! His will will be done just stay focused on God and he will turn it way way around. My prayers go out to ask for you strength and guidence and "commitment". P.s children will gather themselves around the brightest and strongest light. Shine for them!!!!

Captain, I'll pray for you.

In 1992, my first wife abandoned me and took my only son with her. I was unable to find her for a long time. One day in 2001, I was sick and at home and typed her name into an internet search engine and found her. A few months later I was diagnosed with nodular schlerosing lymphoma (cancer) that was in stage 4. She actually brought my son to see me and it wasn't so good. I was on morphine and under the care of hospice. I couldn't have made that good of an impression. When they left, that was the last time I saw my son. Although I wrote him every two weeks for a few years after that, He never wrote back. I quit writing him about 2 years ago and gave it to God. It's very hard sometimes because my wife and I cannot have children. Unless God wishes to do something about that, he will always be my one and only son.

I couldn't even get through this short post without praying for you. Be blessed.

*cries @ DahcsLion*
*hugs*
*prays for you both*

Lord Jesus, we know that you are merciful and that you love children -- of all ages. We also know that divorces are, well, difficult. But we also know that Captain Teabags and DahcsLion are your children and that they are in your hands.

Lord Jesus, we pray that you would uphold them in their times of trial. In both cases we pray that YOUR WILL BE DONE -- even if it isn't what we want. But we pray that in either case, that you heal the hurts that these men feel, and that you bring unity into their families, knitting together the broken pieces as only you can.

Jesus, we hold up Captain Teabags to you. Lord, we see that he loves his daughters very much, and that he feels that he has been betrayed, cut off from them. We ask that you reveal your truth in this situation so that what is best for Captain Teabags' daughters is done. I pray that you give Captain Teabags the peace to know in his heart that whatever is done is the best for his daughters, and I pray that you give his daughters the undying knowledge that their daddy loves them and that that will never change.

I pray for DahcsLion -- that you bless him and give him strength in this area where he must often feel only weakness. I pray that you defy all odds and give him and his wife joy where right now they only have barrenness. I pray that you, having received the offering of his relationship with his son, are working behind the scenes to restore that relationship. Once again, I pray that you give DahcsLion's son an irrevocable sense that his daddy loves him and that that will never ever change.

And in all things we give YOU the glory, Lord Jesus, and we thank you for your wisdom and your mercy and your great love for us. AMEN!

Update

Good news, the councilor has came back in favor of my ex sending 3 out of 4 of my kids. He has found that my relationship with my oldest daughter is severely damaged though. He discovered that my ex has been telling her for a long time that I never wanted her, so she has become bitter toward me. I am very saddened that she would tell our daughter that. First of all it's not true, and second of all I can't believe my ex would want to cause our daughter that kind of pain needlessly. Please continue praying for our relationship to be repaired.

(not real quotes but intended to be good)

"Whoever leads one of these little ones astray, it would be better that a large stone be tied around his or her neck and tossed into the ocean"

"Repent and be baptized, you and your household [and you will be saved]"

Vindication is coming, but salvation is better. I'll still pray about this.

Back