Portal 2

hrmm? I didn't even know it was out. I'll probably wait for it to get relatively cheap, then get it. I really enjoyed the first one.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want it.

But alas I'm too poor, haha.

I haz it...

Played it for an hour...

Then my wife started feeling sick so I had to stop...

IT...IS...EPIC!!! So far, the hour I have gotten to play is worth the $60 alone!!!

However...due to the sale I mentioned a week ago...I got mine for $35... :D

Nope. And I thought I was the only gamer in North America to not pre-order it. Seems I was mistaken.

Portal 1 was fantastic, but, keeping things in perspective, it was one of five components (Portal, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2, HL2: Episode One, HL2: Episode Two) of The Orange Box, which sold for $45.

Disregarding HL2 and HL2: E1 (since most everyone who bought The Orange Box already had both games), those who pre-ordered The Orange Box received Portal, TF2, and HL2: Episode Two for $15 each, which is why it's regarded as possibly the greatest deal in PC gaming ever.

Portal 2, by itself, was $45 if you pre-ordered.

So, when I think of it in terms of value, I'm not surprised there are a few among us who are waiting on a good deal.

The irony, of course, is it's largely Valve's fault that PC gamers have grown accustomed to great sales on games through Steam. Because, hey, we all know Portal 2 is going to the highlighted item during the next major Steam sale (which, if memory serves, should start around the 4th of July).

$35 if bought for console on Amazon, and only $1 to ship for release day delivery... And Portal 2 has MUCH MORE content than Portal 1...
At triple the price, I would hope so.

At triple the price, I would hope so.

A review said it is divided into 3 chapters each being as long as the original portal + there is the co-op campaign.

FYI TO EVERYBODY with Portal 2 use spoilers on the forums and keep your memes away from me. If you don't I'll stab you with the knives of the many stabbings until you cry like a little girl and if you are a little girl spoiling it you um... are ugly :p . Basically I'm not buying it until it hits a large discount so don't ruin it for Gerbil please T_T .

My 11-year old son and I purchased the 2-pack. We are loving it. He played the single player campaign, earlier today. We played the co-op campaign this evening. Lots of fun.

I started playing it yesterday (it unlocked at 8pm AK time, so I had pleeenty of playtime in before bed), and it is eeeeeepppiiiiiccc. Totally worth my $45. And like XionTawa said, it is worth it for just the first hour alone...

FYI TO EVERYBODY with Portal 2 use spoilers on the forums and keep your memes away from me. If you don't I'll stab you with the knives of the many stabbings until you cry like a little girl and if you are a little girl spoiling it you um... are ugly :p . Basically I'm not buying it until it hits a large discount so don't ruin it for Gerbil please T_T .
Same.

Remember: To hide text in spoilers, surround the spoiler text like-ah-so:

[noparse]
Darth Vader is Luke's father.
[/noparse]

The results looks like this:

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

I really enjoyed the single player campaign. Portal is one of my favorite game experiences ever. The original was short but I think there is no wasted time or filler, every moment was nearly perfect. Portal 2 somehow managed to keep that feeling while lengthening the game to 7-8 hours. I personally prefer a shorter more dense experience then a game with twenty hours of grinding or backtracking these days simply because I don't have the time to devote anymore but I can certainly see why some people would be miffed.

The single player game was about 2-3 times as long as the original and the co-op I hear is about twice as long. Not as bad of a deal as a lot of people assume.

I was hoping for some more direct Half-life connections or some hints about episode three but other then a few small Easter eggs they are missing. Though it felt like they fleshed out the world a lot more to the point where the story stood on it's own without needing to be tied back into Half-Life.

I wantz... I dunno though... Upgrade computer, or buy portal 2? One will delay the other... such hard decisions...

Upgrade. Portal 2 will last you prolly 20 hours, a new PC, months...

Back