Possible new job opportunity

Ember

Mrs. Tek7
Hi friends. Please be praying for a possible new job I will likely be pursuing. I have a job that I enjoy, but it is difficult when I work Tues-Sat and Tek works M-F. This new job would be weekdays only, and probably only 4 days a week. And a pretty good pay increase. There are some sacrifices I would be making too if I were to get this job. But it would allow us more time together as a family. Thanks for your prayers. :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. By sacrifices I mean loss of autonomy, so it's not quite black and white. Right now, I can tell them, "I'm not going to work (this day or that)" for whatever reason. And that certainly has its advantages too. New job surely wouldn't be that flexible. But as our daughter gets older and starts different activities especially...we miss our weekends.

Update.

CV has been forwarded to the Drs I'd be working for.
Pay isn't what I thought it would be, quite a bit less, but still a little better than what I'm doing now. With benefits, it's probably a lot better still.
Schedule tbd...definitely no Saturdays, but might not be 4 days a week like I'd been led to believe. But the person who told me 4 days might be more "in the loop" than the recruiter I spoke with today.

Now I just wait and see if the doctors think I'm worth an interview. Thanks for your prayers!

Another update. Invited for an interview. An ALL DAY one. Will schedule it in the morning. Praise that it's come this far. Please keep praying that all goes well from here on! Thank you! :)

Thank you! I called today and told them which days I could do it. But the coordinator hasn't gotten back to me with which of those days works best for THEM. Here's hoping that whatever day they choose STAYS free. I am really hoping/praying I can just block off a day at work before it starts to fill up because I don't want to have to reschedule any patients.

Edit: Interview is scheduled for February 26. Perfect because 1) it's a Tuesday, and I work two locations on that day, so neither place has to be suspicious that I'm taking off an entire day with no reason given, 2) it's after I go to a continuing education seminar, and I chose classes pertaining to these two doctors' specialties, so I'll have some good information fresh in my brain at that time, and 3) it's far enough in advance that I don't have anything scheduled yet and I won't have to reschedule anyone.

I'm not sure what will come of this in the end, but it has been really cool...one of those times where I can really see the Lord orchestrating every little step along the way.

Last edited:
I never updated...interview was rescheduled for this coming Tuesday, March 5. So prayers still appreciated. Getting nervous. :) Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes. It is an all-day thing, from just before 8 am through a dinner that starts at 6:30.

Hey there! It overall went pretty okay I think. There were a couple of times I wish I could have been a little smoother, but hopefully that won't hurt me. One time, I keep wondering if I misunderstood what the dept chair said because he sort of scoffed at my response, so I've been trying to make sense of that. I think with at least one doctor though I really made a good impression. We'll see. The non-compete is a bit stifling...actually could be devastating for me if at any time I stopped working there for whatever reason. So I would try to negotiate that.

Thanks for your prayers!

Update. Sorry this is old news (about a week), but it's been so hard to find a good opportunity to bring you up to speed. I did not get the job, but it's fine. I was a little disappointed at first, but not so much about not doing that particular job. Just not sure yet how I'll manage to find more time with my family now. But really, it's okay like this. I was really optimistic going into it, but the interview day didn't leave the best taste in my mouth as far as some of the people. And the job description turns out it's still not even set in stone. Before, I thought it was going to be about half stuff I'm not as interested in (though I tried to gear myself up to be interested in it) and half stuff that I really would have a lot of fun doing. Well, turns out that the less enjoyable (to me) half might end up being almost the entire job. With little to none of the part I'd like more. And had it not worked out for any reason, the non-compete agreement was really bad. So...it's fine. I am still frustrated about many things at work, but I do find myself thinking, "I'm so glad I can still do [this or that]."

So anyway, I think it turned out the way it should. Still looking for a way out of my current situation, but okay with the way things are right now. Thanks for your prayers!

(I can elaborate if you want me to, hard to be concise when I had a lot of thoughts on the matter!)

Back