Possible new server

Goose62

146.20.86.251:27015 <-- ReconGamer Test Server

Ping this server, jump on it, see how much choke/loss you get. If it is better/worse than our current server, please post your comments about each here! Thanks!

For me, it was better, more consisent ping and also lower ping, 0 choke and loss, but it'd be better if I could test it with actual people on there.

alrighty then ill put that on my favorites and every now and then ill check to see isf anyones on it
biggrin.gif

god bless

Look better from the UK.. lol i ping at 105 with 130 spikes instead of 115 with 150 spikes when using hltv.

yes indeedy thats better...

I usually ping 40-60 on ToJ server, and on the Recon my ping was in the teens.

Reply from 146.20.86.251: bytes=32 time=588ms TTL=113
Reply from 146.20.86.251: bytes=32 time=416ms TTL=113
Reply from 146.20.86.251: bytes=32 time=459ms TTL=113
Reply from 146.20.86.251: bytes=32 time=381ms TTL=113

Gah, stupid Kazaa thing eating my bandwidth like chocolate cake. Now for some real results
Recongamer:
Minimum = 70ms, Maximum = 75ms, Average = 72ms
And the current ToJ server:
Minimum = 63ms, Maximum = 65ms, Average = 64ms
And for fun, gaminghost's public test server :
Minimum = 61ms, Maximum = 62ms, Average = 61ms

Bah. Can't please everyone though. Now we run a tracert to see how many hops are in between me and the server. Less=better usually.

ToJ's Current Server : 11 hops
Recongamer : 11 hops
Gaminghost : 12 hops

I'd expect these results to be relatively close to what other members might experience, but who knows.

For Goose from Indianapolis, IN :

Ping:
ReconGamer Test server :
Minimum = 37ms, Maximum = 39ms, Average = 38ms

ToJ current server (laggyservers.com) :
Minimum = 52ms, Maximum = 55ms, Average = 53ms

Hops:
ReconGamer Test server :
16 hops

17 hops

But with ReconGamer, I only had 1 "Request timeout" on a tracert, and with laggyservers.com, I had 5.

Oh, really? Where did the request timeout occur in the tracert? Was it right at laggyservers or was it somewhere else along the line, say closer to home? I had zero request timeouts to each server.

How do i do this tracter thing.. it would be good to get a reading from across the pond before you make any decisions.

Ahh never mind i found the website and it didnt work properly.. But i pinged the server again and it went below 100..

Yes we need this new server
smile.gif

Quepasa, I have no doubt in my mind that the timeout is going to happen no matter what server we get. It's probably one of the switches or whatever on my network that I'm connected to. It's the 8th hop everytime, at least; for laggyservers, more timeouts were closer to their network. But all in all, the ReconGamer server is better for me.

^bump^, guys we need some feedback as to whether this server is better. There is a "Lag" thread going on in the server dicussion forum, and if you want a new server, please test this one out! Please start replying which server you'd prefer!!!!!

Definitely the new one...

Traceroute results from Uk router....

ToJ server : avg 105ms
New server : avg 91ms

i dont know how to do the "traceroutes" but my ping seemed the same in this test server (empty) as in the current server when its full.

On any Windows OS, open up your command prompt, and type "tracert ip_of_host_goes_here" w/o the port #. Then to ping it, just type in "ping ip_of_host_goes_here" w/o the port #. Enjoy.

ok here are my results.....

test server: over 30 hops, ping avg. = 101ms

current server: over 30 hops, ping avg. = 113ms

i have more hops then a family of rabbits
sad.gif

Demon Hunter, I doubt you have over 30 hops. Do a "tracert" again and actually see what the # is on the far left side at the bottom. It'll be something like this ...

So, in this picture, I have 16 hops to www.yahoo.com.

Whonies connection ;)

Ping:
ReconGamer Test server :
Minimum = 56ms, Maximum = 71ms, Average = 62ms

Minimum = 49ms, Maximum = 55ms, Average = 52ms

Hops:
ReconGamer Test server :
13 hops

15 hops

I suppose that with a T1 connection I can't really complain about any server, though I seem to ping the best on ones in Texas ( Well, besides our local lan one of course ) Now if only I could stop the 24,999 other people from using my bandwith
mad.gif

C'mon guys, gotta have responses to get this convincing ... if not, we're gonna stick with our current server.

Back