Possible WotLK arcane/frost Raid spec

ortheas when you number crunch at the t5.5+ level arcane/ice (up to cold snap) is on par and later exceeds a fire/ice(up to icy veins) spec, i got my but kicked in dps by one of those mages the other night.

depending on what glyphs u have equipped fire and arcane in the xpac will be very competitive, the only thing I dont like about them both is how fast we'll go oom.. wtb spriest and shaman in my party at all times kthx.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/mage/talents2.html?tal=23500500300030015332310251532100000000000000000000000000000500302012000000000000000000#none

this is a fire ice spec im liking, but im still waiting on my beta key i has no way of testing as of yet, in the end ill let someone else theorycraft it out ofr me and copy and paste their results lololol

wtb spriest and shaman in my party at all times kthx.

Lots of buffs are going to be raid wide. Shaman totems included. Also, Spriets, Ret Pallies, and the new survival hunter talent hunting party are supposed to be raid wide mana restoring buffs for the 10 people with lowest mana.

I have played with fire specs, and I don't think they fit the way I like the mage. I like it more as a master of subtlety, rather then brute magical force. The instant casts are kinda fun, but I prefer the play style of maintaining control over the situation. It may take a little longer to kill something, but by golly they don't stand a chance the whole time.

and i hear at 4 t6 mages get lazy and only spam arcane missles or so im told :\

idk the only instant cast i use for farming is fire blast outside of that my instant aoes are for pvp all my other casts at 2.8secs or longer

and if you want control and fast kills go full ice, frost nova with the 5/5 shatter talent and stuff dies

true story ask shizno he watched me pvp

I was full frost but went arcane when I made the tailoring epics. I am looking forward to getting new pieces to replace that set so I can go back to my true love.

well, fwiw...there are some things to consider with your current spec and gemming

1.) you shouldn't be gemming for haste until you're at 1200ish damage and when you do, you need to toss more than a gem here and there at it

2.) you spent points in elemental precision which implies you plan on hitting a boss, yet the talents in the frost tree aren't PvE oriented particularly; i would look at lowering your FB time and spending points in the crit/dmg talents before the right hand of the tree...if raiding is the intent; on the other hand, your hit rating is too low to cast anything other than from the arcane school, so perhaps i'm mistaken

3.) gear wise, you're really at a point where 10/48/3 should give you better results

4.) i'm assuming if you're going this route you're using ABx3 FBx3?

5.) hope you have a shadow priest *and* a shammy in your group!

=O thats a kool little link there, when i get done preparing for the hurricane ill have to go on that to keep myself busy from physics homework

Haven't used it on a raid yet, and yeah, I need to regem a few things. Going for some more spell dmg and change out the meta. When I am spamming AM the haste buff usually goes to waste because it expires before AM finishes. Also I just a few points away from hit cap so I need to get that done.

from what i can see, you're only a few points away from the hit cap in *arcane* but again, all theorycrafting states that for your gear, arcane is not the way to go - hands down. what happens when you need to stand at max range? well...arcane isn't at max range...fire is. so with where you stand right now with your hit rating, you're going to be missing a *lot* of "off spec" casts.

if it's the way you prefer playing it, i guess that's one thing, but if the intent is to be successful and generate as much damage output for raids, it won't succeed at that. not to mention, for raiding, AM is generally a *bad* way to go due to the fact that it effectively roots you, is lower DPM and lower DPS. targets do move ;)

on the up-side, a *lot* of people have put a *lot* of time and effort into modeling the various aspects of the game - if your personal goal is to be effective at raiding, take a look at the many, many sites out there (one posted above) that encapsulate this knowledge and make it very easy to choose the correct spec for your gear.

Back