(at)
prodigy
(dot)
net

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zealot @ Jan. 11 2004,9:53)]*covers micahs mouth with duct tape*

SHHH!

He didn't say anything... nothing at all..
*Struggles with duck tape*

*Gives up*

*Sends telepathic msg to Myles reading: "What did I say wrong?" *

I've been wanting try my hand at competative CS.  Count me in.  I'm a new member and already I like this place.  charleszapata at letu dot edu.

My understanding of the rules to be on the competition team is anyone can tryout.  Then the leaders have a little meeting and decide who they want to keep.  Being on the competition team doesn't soley rely on skill.  The leaders look at you as a person as well.  Along with your relationship with Christ.  Just because you're good, doesn't mean you'll make the competition team.  I can't recall the exact points elite or exodus or someone listed out one time, but there's like 4-5 areas the leaders look at when choosing new members for the competition team.  With that said ... gl hf ;)

Oooo, I've so got this in the bag then cause I so know what the areas are and I'm number one in all of them. They're obviously as follows; nubbness, hotness, most skilled at flying from high places and landing on peoples heads while spraying a p90, and has the worst connection known to mankind. I am so going to be our all-star player.
biggrin.gif

I got a lot of work to do at school that night boss, but I'm gonna try and get back and CS between 10:30 and 11:30

Tryout date is set at Friday, January 23rd at 9:00 EST!

Plank, can we get this on the main www.toj.cc page (and Rizz, let up on the new members
sad.gif
people can't read important information when 15 new members show up everyday, hehe)

Goose, news and calendar event added. One quick thing, would you mind giving me access to the competition teams forums so I can troll them for events to post on the website? (plankeye at cgalliance dot org)

I'll send out an email, we'll probably all meet in #toj-cs before hand and I'll give out the password there. It's a lot easier for in game communication if all A teamers had voice comm. I think we're actually going to use Ventrilo for in game communication.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Goose62 @ Jan. 23 2004,8:24)]I think we're actually going to use Ventrilo for in game communication.
I reserve the right to slap the entire A team Three Stooges style if you guys use a Ventrilo server when there's a perfectly good, legitimate, and FREE TeamSpeak server dedicated to the Christian Gamers Alliance. -_-

If you all decide on TeamSpeak (I understand there may be reasons to go with Ventrilo, though I don't know what they are), be sure to read the appropriate forum thread. I can also create a permanent and passworded channel for the team on the server as well; just send an e-mail to teamspeak AT cgalliance DOT org with the channel name, description, and number of users who will be using the channel simultaneously.

Should you all decide on Ventrilo, well, then maybe I could host a Ventrilo server (if the license is free, that is). Send me the relevant information (tek7 AT toj DOT cc) and I'll likely set one up.

But unless there's a good reason to choose Ventrilo over TeamSpeak, use what ya got!

Well, if I were to acctually make the team I'd obviously go pick up a headset. Of course I'm pretty much disqualified already since my connection's just absolutly died in the last week.
sad.gif
Maybe I just won't come tonight and go out instead, less frustrating then my lag. Dumb couple weeks of really outstanding connection.
sad.gif

You should come and try out, knowing that your Internet will get better...don't go out! Be a loser and play CS ALL NIGHT!

biggrin.gif

Back