Prayer for my daugter's surgery

SSquared

My daughter was born with a clogged tear duct.  Nothing too major, but it causes her eye to look weepy and can cause infections.  It was much worse when she was first born.  But through lots of prayers, it got about 90% cleared up.

Usually they like to do surgery by the time they are 1, but because it got so much better, we decided to wait longer.  Well, recently we've realized she still has it and that we really need to do the surgery.  It's super quick to do, but she will be anesthesized, which can be a scary thing.  Plus, it's hard thinking your little child is gonna have surgery.

So, she has a checkup today and the surgery will be sometime tomorrow.  Please pray the surgery is sucessful and nothing happens to her while she is anesthesized.  Pray for God's hands to be on her and the doctor's.  Also pray for my wife and me, that we may not worry about it.

Her name is Molly and she is 22 months old now.  The success rate at her age is still quite good.  Plus, she probably won't remember it.

Thank you.

Done and done. Keep us updated
wink.gif

Hey. Thanks guys/gals. It's a pretty basic thing that's done all the time. But...ya know...she's my little baby girl. She was all running around and laughing tonight having a great time, and I'm thinking, "Little do you know you are having surgery tomorrow." My wife is waking up at 5AM and taking her in. She is the first child of the day.

I was praying today and God gave me peace. It was like, ya know...God created her. He knows all about her. This wasn't a surprise to Him. He's gonna take her through it.

Also, kinda cool. Out of nowhere, she said "All...lay...lu...ya". That's supposed to be as best a 22 month old can say Alleluia. We don't know where she heard it before, but it was pretty clear.

Is she out of surgery yet? How is she doing?

I know I'd hate to be in the waiting room while my son was in surgery. I'm still praying for all of ya'll.

God bless.

She's out!!! She did well. Praise God!!! She now has very tiny tubes in her tear ducts. These help to keep the tubes open. It's best if they stay in for 6 months, but they can sometimes just come out on their own. The doctor said it was obvious her tear ducts were not all that bad, but doing this will be a big help.

I guess for the first day, she will be getting used to the little tubes.

Thanks again. Our family definitely felt the prayers, because both my wife and I were at peace last night and feeling good about it.

Glad to hear it! Praise God for His watchful care!Hope she continues to do well.

Alien

Back