Prayer for my Father's Friend

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
While my Father may be friendly with everyone he has often told me of one particular best friend from childhood (akin to Tek + Elihu). While life has forced them apart he managed to maintain some contact to him. I don't know much but Dad recently learned that friend is going in for cardiac surgery. He, like unfortunately my Dad, is in his 60s and has weight problems. Dad doesn't have much remaining beyond me and Mom. If you could give up a prayer for my Father's friend, and my Father as well, it would be appreciated. I'll try to post when I know how it turns out but lines of communication are scant. I don't know when the surgery is occurring only that, having witnessed them first hand, the health problems from age and obesity are quite real. Thank you.

Edit for correction/additional information: His friend had woken up with one side entirely numb. They had to insert a cardiac catheter to check for stroke. Results pending.

Last edited:
Praying, good sir.

Do you know if your dad's friend is a Christ follower? If not, I'll be praying he would be drawn to Christ. If so, I'll pray for peace and comfort. Either way, I'll continue to pray for his health.

Praying, good sir.

Do you know if your dad's friend is a Christ follower? If not, I'll be praying he would be drawn to Christ. If so, I'll pray for peace and comfort. Either way, I'll continue to pray for his health.

Yes he is a lifelong Christian :) . He's returned home to rest but the cause of the incident is still unknown. No more communications as yet will post if more if more becomes known.

EDIT: I don't want to bump the thread so I am putting this in as an edit. Basically nothing has happened since the incident. Doctors haven't discovered the cause so there is nothing more to report. Just an FYI.

Last edited:
Back