Prayer for survival

leardca

This is not a prayer for myself but for a best friend, son, brother and father.

I have a friend - his name is Ben. He is late teens and is dying, despite numerous doctors' ongoing efforts and support.

Ben comes from a family where there is a condition (no name for it) that deteriorates the patients lungs and major organs. His older sister a few years ago (my best friend) died from it after complications from a double lung transplant. Ben has the same condition as Cynthia.

Ben is a father to two beautiful twin girls that were born in the mountains of Mexico, where his family took him as it is some of the cleaner air. The kids were not allowed to be in the city limits for the reason of smog and pollution as it made the condition worse and could ultimately cause death.

Unfortunately Ben's fiancée came to check up on him and found him not breathing and blue. He was airlifted to hospital right away where he under went a double lung and heart transplant to save his life. Things seemed to be going well but during the surgery they also found cancerous cells on his lungs and ribs. A second surgery was done to remove as much as they could. He was on confinement in the hospital as soon as he arrived and slowly came around and appeared to be getting stronger following the surgeries. Due to the transplant medication they couldn't do radiation so surgically they removed what cancer they could and again everything seemed "fine."

Suddenly tonight, we received a call stating that things have changed and that things are no longer good. The doctors can not find the issue - whether the cancer or the transplant is the issue.

He is my friend, a son to two wonderful parents and two step-parents a brother to a younger sister and brother, a fiancée and father.

Please pray for him - please ask the Lord to help him through this. He is strong and willing to fight - but I'm hoping with a little bit of faith and prayer it will help him in his fight for life.

With love and thanks
Patrick & Susan

Last edited:
A few hours after posting this Ben was placed on life-support. Unfortunately within a half hour he passed away very suddenly. He had been given 2-3 weeks to live.

I know the Lord has come to take his son home. It is a tragic loss for myself and families but he is with the Lord God now and no longer suffers. Thank you to anyone who read this and prayed.

God Bless

I am so sorry for your loss and all His family's loss too. Praying for peace and comfort to you all. I'm sure one day after a while we will get to spend some time with this young man in his new glorified body like that unto Christ our Lord and Savior....

Back