Prayer request please.

FiremanThul

My lovely wife has had a lifelong dream of becoming a nurse. About 3 years ago we found a local LPN program that was cheaper and faster than RN school, and we figured it would be a good way to get her working sooner and then head to RN school at her convenience.

Unfortunately, the demand for LPNs in the state of Ohio is almost 0, especially for LPNs with no experience. My wife has been out of school for a year and a half, and has still yet to work a single day as an LPN. She was blessed 5 months ago with a job at a local hospital as a nurses aid, but eventually someone became annoyed that an LPN dare work below her license level and made enough complaints to management that my wife was forced to resign.

Today my wife got a call from a nurse manager in a local city to come interview for a full-time LPN position. I have not seen her this excited since the day she was accepted to the LPN program. Certainly this would lift a huge burden financially for our family, and it's just inspiring.

Ironically, she has been having lunch more often with one of her girl friends from our Life group. She let it slip that her and this woman had been talking about an Emmaus walk, and that my wife was finally seriously considering it. I went on my walk in 2008 and have been encouraging her to go since that time, only to be met with continued resistance. I have backed off, but see this as a ray of sunshine through a terrible storm. I personally don't believe there's any coincidence that 2 days after my wife decided to seriously consider a more intimate relationship with the Lord, she received a call for such a great opportunity as this LPN position.

I personally don't believe in praying to God for a job, or for more money. I would ask you all to pray that whatever God's plan is becomes clear to my wife and she is able to cope with whatever direction he takes her from here.

Thanks for reading.

Very cool! Praise God! I hope this works out for y'all and I'm praying for y'all :)

On another note, God wants us to ask for what we want. (Although, we should also be praying in God's will)

Philippians 4:6
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

I heard a speaker put it well a few years ago: The way to genuine, authentic prayer is to begin by talking to God about what we care about. Don't pray for the starving kids in China to have "super spiritual" prayers... God wants you to share your pains and your desires. If you are looking for a job then talk to him about that and ask for His help. If you are sick and want to be well then ask him for that. All the time knowing he may not answer how you expect or the answer may even be "No" but God wants us to ask him for the things we care about.

It is a spiritual disciplines program.

I believe that sterilizes it a bit.

It's a 3 day "retreat" at church, where you spend your time praying and learning together in an environment that causes the love of Christ to be tangible and palpable.

It's life changing.

I believe that sterilizes it a bit.

It's a 3 day "retreat" at church, where you spend your time praying and learning together in an environment that causes the love of Christ to be tangible and palpable.

It's life changing.

I concur. We have a similiar 3-day here called Tres Dias. It's non-demoninational (yes I said demon) and it is very awesome.

Guildees, I ask for your prayers. I'm Michael (Hazak/Kahesed) and I'm a missionary/Bible translator in East Africa. I just learned of my father's death. It was very unexpected. We are traveling home to America today for the funeral. Please pray for our travel safety (my wife and I) and my family.

Blessings,
Michael

Guildees, I ask for your prayers. I'm Michael (Hazak/Kahesed) and I'm a missionary/Bible translator in East Africa. I just learned of my father's death. It was very unexpected. We are traveling home to America today for the funeral. Please pray for our travel safety (my wife and I) and my family.

Blessings,
Michael

You got it Michael. Just finished praying for y'all. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

Back