Prayer Request

KireTheCaller

I know im new to the forums and the CGA in generat but non the less I have a prayer request.

Starting last year my mother and father have been working on adopting a little boy named FuXinHai from China. Now as far as we know nothing is wrong with him (besides the fact that he is Deaf which we actually wanted a Deaf boy) my mother and myself both pray for him avidly and it would be very nice if you guys could too, for FuXinHai (To be renamed Luke Xin Hai Worrell when he gets to the states) and for Finical Aid as well because apparently it takes a lot of money to adopt~!

Status on Luke: Healthy, Age 9, Deaf, Sex:Male, Grade Level:presumably Grade or 2, DoB:9/22(Estimated)
Status on the Adoption Process itself: According to my Mother she and my Step-Dad will being going to CHina to pick him up in 4-5 months if all goes well ^.^

My Moms Blog on the Adoption: http://ourjourneytoluke.blogspot.com/

Thanks abunch you guys :D

Praying for your family as well.

BTW I also believe being Deaf is not a disability :) I think it's awesome your parents looked to adopt a Deaf child especially from another country. I'm curious, does FuXinHai know Chinese sign language?

Praying for your family as well.

BTW I also believe being Deaf is not a disability :) I think it's awesome your parents looked to adopt a Deaf child especially from another country. I'm curious, does FuXinHai know Chinese sign language?

We think he might, but the reports we've read concern us abit that he might not have any language at all

From reading your mom's blog, since he's been at that orphanage nearly all his life, I'm sure he and staff members have developed some form of communication. It may be rudimentary sign or official but it is still a language form. Plus I believe he is still young enough to grasp ASL and English quite efficiently. I will be praying!

Yay foreign adoptions. Been there done that, lot's of challenges, lot of fun, great experience, wonderful way to grow a family, ya got my prayers for sure. As far as my wife and I are concerned no difference between biological and adopted. And God is big on adoption too, so praying for full blessing for y'all.

Back