Preparation for Nightfall

Halonic

Anyone doing anything differently in preparation for Nightfall? Its just a little over two weeks away.

I am doing several things:

Trying to hold onto nice weapons that I would normally sell to see how many I will need for Heroes.

Stockpiling tanned hides. During the preview everyone was buying them for armor for the Dervish and Paragon and the trader ran out. Price went sky high if you were selling. I am using several storage slots for these.

I am NOT salvaging weapons with nice (sellable) mods until Nightfall so that I will be assured of getting the mods and not a handful of wood planks instead.

In the nearer future I am salivating uncontrollably awaiting the triple green drop weekend. You can be assured that if you see Halonic online during the coming weekend that I WILL be green farming.

What are you doing in preparation? Inquiring minds want to know.

Personally, I'm trying to power a few characters through the Canthan Story line. So far, I have one character (Assassin) complete, 1 more back to the first palace and the rest awaiting a "befreinding" 10K faction quest.

I am also working to unlock/learn as many skills as I can from Cantha before I move on.

Along the way, I am trying to build up a few more materials and weapons. I sold almost all my tanned hides during the nightfall preview, I'm back up to about 2 stacks now. The first "Hero" from the preview was a warrior. I have Sskai's Sword and Geoffer's Bulwork for him so far. If heroes are tied to characters, which I think they will be, I may work to get multiple sets of some of this stuff so I don't need to move them around too much. I'll definately be up for a few 2-3 man Sskai/Geoffer runs this weekend. Boss/Chest Runs out of Altrum Ruins and maybe Mourning Veil Falls would be nice, there are several bosses in both places.

I was just thinking about that when i got on today. I am probably gonna farm for tanned hides so i can sell them when night fall comes out.

I am keeping any low req max dmg weapons (like my req 8 GPB) so that when nightfall comes out i can salvage good mods and put them on low req. weapons.

I have been wondering if i should invest in some black dye cause im thinking the prices will go up but i am wondering if i will be able to turn over any profit from taht or not.

As for the TRIPLE green drop weekend im gonna try a few things like farm for ghails staff and ssakis sword also am gonna kill some warrior bosses for their sheilds. I am gonna try some new builds as well.

I am sure prices for runes will go up a little with the new characters being made and i am sure the demand for the new characters runes will be high for a few weeks.

Does anyone know certain baddy that drops items that you can slavage tanned hides off of?

Yeah, I remember the tanned hide conspiracy. No one had them, and it seemed like no one was selling. Good thinking, Hal.

..can I call you Hal? :p j/k

I was thinking that same thing DZ, if the heros will be tied to the characters or not. I kind of hope that they are, that will make it a lot easier to make them as uber as possible.

I didnt mess with the nightfall preview too much so thanks for the heads up on the tanned hides squares thing. However it may not be too bad because the economy won't be centralized to the nightfall continent, players will be able to get them from all 3 continents. Anyway, I will start to stockpile just in case. I went a reserved my copy for nightfall this last weekend and I can't wait.

I was kind of upset about this weekend's triple green drop because I have'nt bought factions yet. I plan on getting it eventually anyway so i have been pondering if i should get it before this weekend. It seems kind of silly to buy it when nightfall is almost out though. Guess I'll see what happens. Good luck with everyone's preperations.

Yea if theres one thing I learned from teh Factions release and teh Nightfall preview for that matter is that Tanned hides are in demand. I will be stockpiling them as well as gold so I can buy nice shiny new armor for General Kenichi the Paragon and my as of yet unnamed Dervish.

my as of yet unnamed Dervish.

DOH! I hadn't even thought of coming up with names yet. That is, by far, the worst part of character creation for me.

I want to try out the new classes too. However, just like factions, the new classes will be over-represented for the first couple of months. I think I will create the characters, but not go very far. I think this time, I may try to finish the game with my Necro first, then come back for the P and D later.

I'm starving myself of Guild Wars so that when I do get Nightfall, I'm hungry to play. I'm satisfying my gaming hunger with Civ IV and the BF2142 demo. I'll probably end up getting BF2142 next week so when Nightfall comes out I'll be splitting time between them. Eventually, GW always wins out though.

The heroes make Nightfall sooo much more interesting. I just wish they'd give us a couple of auction houses. It would make our downtown markets turn into Wall Street.

I just wish they'd give us a couple of auction houses. It would make our downtown markets turn into Wall Street.

That would be really awesome.

Quick question: how many characters slots total will you get if you buy nightfall and the preorder, is only 2 total or 3?

Im probably gonna make a mesmer at the beginning of night fall, i have a few names that i have been thinking about some are funny and some serious.

3 additional slots if you add the preorder key and the Nightfall retail key to an existing account with another campain(s) already entered. The preorder with a brand new account (only nightfall and preorder key applied) will give a total of 5 slots. Note that the 3rd or 5th slot is only available if BOTH keys are applied to an account, preordering does not give you a slot on its own. Also, if you create a new account for the 5, there is NO WAY TO MERGE LATER.

I haven't decided how I'm going to use the extra slot yet myself. I'm already stretching myself pretty thin with the PvE characters I already have. I may use it to have a second PvP slot, so I don't have to rebuild quite as often. However, the potential use as a packmule for dye, scrolls, materials and runes has merit as well.

I might create more PvE character! I am probably going to build a Paragon and a Dervish and maybe *GASP* a Mesmer for PvP Purposes to learn what they can DO!

i have been trying to rush my Ritualist through Factions and im at unwaking waters (kurzick). tho i really would like my ranger to have the titles "Protector of Tyria, and Protector of Cantha, and Protector of Elona" THAT would pwn everyone else.
but i guess i could start breaking down stuff. but this weekend i will definatley start doing some farming.

Hmm, a little over a day left and I still haven't decided on character names. :\

I did see today that they are planning to add a PvP character outfitter so that you don't need to reroll if you forget to apply runes or decide to focus on a differnt attribute. This helps lessen the need for a second PvP slot. That and the templates. Maybe I'll abandon my lvl 8 presear warrior and create a warrior in addition to a Dervish and Paragon. Right now though, I think I'll plan on starting the D & P right away for the Halloween event, but only playing through with the Paragon at first, at least for a little while, I seem to have trouble focusing on one character lately.

I've stockpiled 1500 tan hide squares so far and about 80 runes in prep for nightfall price spike in materials/runes and weapons for heros. The price spike on the preview event made a stack of 10 hides go for 150g (15g each) along with a spike in steel, wood and glitering dust. I've stockpiled all those major materials.

Hopefully the spike will be accurate and make some people some money :D

Back