Presidential Address: October 22, 2006

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Greetings, Christian gamers, and welcome to the inaugural Christian Gamers Alliance Presidential Address!

I plan to post a new thread summarizing events in the community (roughly) every month to help keep forum members informed. I also plan to continue taking two hours each Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. to work on administrative tasks.

There have been some big changes in the last few months, the largest being the move from shared hosting with Go Daddy to dedicated server hosting with Abba Communications. The move puts more hardware resources at our disposal. Since the dedicated server hosting plan costs significantly more, I posted a thread outlining the costs and calling forum members to consider donating.

With the move from shared hosting to a dedicated server came a new TeamSpeak server with 100 slots. Point your TeamSpeak client to cgalliance.org (default port) and punch in the server password (available in the CGA TS Server FAQ) to log on and speak in real-time with other TeamSpeak users.

In other news, the Religious Discussion forum was recently closed. The closing sparked some controversy, but the possibility of re-opening a modified instance of the Religious Discussion forum in the future remains. The Religious Discussion forum is closed and archived, meaning users can access the forum here.

To read Genesis1315's post regarding the closing of the Religious Discussion forum, click here.

In the coming months, expect more activity in the Christian Gamers Alliance Bible study program. If you haven't already, check out the Bible study forum, mark your Tuesday night schedule, and plan to attend. For more information on the Bible study, click here.

I also hope to appoint more staff in the coming weeks
. A larger staff will allow me to delegate more administrative tasks to staff members and let me shift my focus to finding and inviting Christian gaming groups to join the Alliance. The CGA has the hardware resources to continue growing; once more staff members are in place, we'll be ready for a "growth spurt."

If you're interested in serving as a staff member of the CGA, be sure to check out the "Help Wanted" thread for available staff positions.

More Christian gamers are tuning in to the CGA forums and many of them are playing World of Warcraft. With more Christian gamers come more Christian guilds, and the CGA has a growing list of Christian guilds. If you know of any Christian World of Warcraft guilds, please post the name of the guild, the realm where the guild plays, and which faction its members play to this thread.

In closing, the Christian Gamers Alliance is ready for some awesome growth. As more community members step up to serve, we'll be better able to fulfill the vision of the CGA: glorifying God through gaming.

Please continue to pray for the CGA as we grow, that we may keep in line with God's plan for the Alliance and serve Him to the best of our ability. Thank you to all who read this entire post (it's a long one, I know!) and may God bless you and your family richly through this ministry.

Back