Priest Talent changes 1.10

Exo-Slayer

Here is the full list of priest talent changes. Some of these are pretty nice, the Holy Nova buff seems insane though. Its now an insta cast AOE/heal spell with no cool down, the only down side seems to be the high mana cost.

The new 31 point holy spell seems interesting but I don't see it being used that often, but the new 31 point discipline talent is basicly a weaker version of Arcane Power that can be cast on anyone. I just hope when the mages get there preview next, we have some cool changes like this.

Mages with ToEP and ZHC and Arcane Power and Power Infusion will one shot everybody, even CHUCK NORRIS.

I was looking through them, man, now I have to make some tough decisions. The 31 point talent in Discipline is awesome. Not sure about the 31 holy tree item, kind of a neat idea. But there is some really nice stuff deep in the holy tree that I'd love to get.

Sad thing is, I can't redo my build with these changes, and my current build, IMO, is the best disc\holy build you can get that works in both PvE and PvP. I have some deep thinking to do, play with the talent calculator and test it out on the PTR when they come up. I don't want to change to much, but it looks like I will have to. It looks like it is becoming more important that I attain rank 10 before these changes come in because after the changes, I'll have to choose healing effiecency or mana effeciency.

Gods_Peon said:
...It looks like it is becoming more important that I attain rank 10 before these changes come in because after the changes, I'll have to choose healing effiecency or mana effeciency.
Wouldnt that change after the patch anyway?

Thats what I'm saying. Pre 1.10, the healing and mana effeciency talents are early in the trees, so you can grab them both. Post 1.10, they are deeper into the trees, deep enough, that you have to choose one or the other.

When it comes to PvPing, they steal Intel off the gear, forcing you to rely on mana effeciency to make up for it. So its really going to hurt priests who decide to go for healing effiecency, as they won't have the 10% bigger mana pool to make up for the lack of intel on pvp geear.

Just saw this on the forums. The final rank of the Lightwell will offer 1600 pts of healing at final rank. Thats pretty good, kind of like an extra bandage for the classes that usualy don't get that many heals.

I can see its use in PvP

Random noob: Heal me
Priest: Just dropped a lightwell, heal yourself
Random noob: Ok cool, thank you.
<<pause>>
Random noob: I can't use this, we are not grouped.
Priest: You were the one who figured that it was better to solo BGs. Bring bandages next time.

A build I'm looking into, also no 31 pointers. Have to see how it works out. Losing 10% on my heals :(

Another build I'm working on, takes away from mental agility and gives it to spiritual healing.

And finally, the build I think I'll end up going with.

Have to see how things work out on the PTR

Last edited:
I just noticed the Spiritual Guidance talent, thats pretty awesome. I think all the casters should get something similar to that, would give spirit more of a use.

The priests who have talent in singing and dancing seem to be the most entertaining. Good story-telling seems to be an asset too.

Gods_Peon said:
This shadow priest would own in PvP

I would change that a bit. I would not put any points in wand they are useless in pvp, I would much rather have improved sheild. then in Disciple a shadow priest never uses holy spells so you might want to switch to renew and healing focus which are used.

I have no clue what I am going to do yet.

What? Wands are useless in PvP? There are two ways to embarass the opposition in PvP as a priest, one of them is to get the killing blow in with a wand.

Gods_Peon said:
What? Wands are useless in PvP? There are two ways to embarass the opposition in PvP as a priest, one of them is to get the killing blow in with a wand.
That could be done with any casting class, i would think its more embarassing as a mage.
lanki said:
I hope you guys still get aimed crit for 2k :D
<beats up hunters with my nerf stick>

Last edited:
Back