Priest Want List

Strongtower

Starting to Build FR

I am thinking that it is more than past time to start building my FR gear. I have been browsing the loot tables for the priest and it looks like Dire Maul and UBRS are the places to be. These are the next items on my list to pursue besides my Tier 0 and 1 items:

Starfire Tiara (+10 FR) (Rare Spawn in UBRS)
Wildfire Cape (+20 FR) UBRS
Seal of Ascension (+10 FR) (Need to pick up the quest) Would be great to have for the guild UBRS runs :)
Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (+10 FR) (Beautiful Trinket but need the book from Dire Maul)

Already have (for a whole whopping +37 FR):
+7 FR enchant to my Nightfall Drape
Drakefire Amulet
Girdle of Prophecy
Ward of Elements

Any other suggestions for a quicker route (or if these are not worth the effort) for FR would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Devout List

I also made this for us priests that might be working on the Devout set. It includes the best mob percentage drop and where the item drops:

Devout Belt -- BoE (2.07%)
Devout Bracers -- BoE (1.12%)
Devout Crown -- Darkmaster Gandling; SCHOLO (7.72%)
Devout Gloves -- BoE; Archivist Galford; STRAT-SM (12.03%)
Devout Mantle -- Solakar Flamewreath; UBRS (12.56%)
Devout Robe -- General Drakkisath; UBRS (6.07%)
Devout Sandals -- Maleki the Pallid; STRAT-UD (13.43%)
Devout Skirt -- Baron Rivendare; STRAT-UD (7.74%)

Not very encouraging on the drop percentages but good luck anyway!

Last edited:
Some things that should be fairly easy for you to farm or to watch for it to be on the AH for cheap:

Torch of Austen (World Drop) +10FR
Dragonrider Boots (Rend - UBRS) +10FR
Flameweave Cuffs of ... (Lord Incendius - BRD) +10FR and random enchants
Skull of Burning Shadows (Maliki the Pallid - Strath) +15FR
Wizardweave Turban (Crafted) +18FR
+5FR shoulder enchant - Reverred with the Argent Dawn

Thats +68 FR from this list.

Add Drakfire amulet (+15), Girdle of Prophecy (+7), Ward of Elements (+8), Wildfire Cape with FR enchant (+27) and the Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (+10) and you will have an awesome +135 FR unbuffed. :) :)

You can replace the Wizardweave Turban with Circlet of Prophecy, you'll drop to 127 FR but gain alot of stats. You can put +20FR libram on it and go to 147 FR :)

Idk how the guild is distributing them, but if there are spare Fiery Cores u could make some Flarecore Gloves which are nice with +25 FR. Here is my CT profile for my 60 lock on Wildhammer. I have my FR gear on there listed under the alternate profiles tab. Feel free to take a look.

*Note 17 of it is from Tier 1, but the rest is all from drops or quests.*

Another item not mentioned yet is the Tidal Loop which is from a quest in Azshara given by the Hydrixian Waterlords. Seeing as Redeemed is up through Golemagg it is completely plausible to get this seeing as the final requirement is to get the hands of the 4 Firelords (Luci, Gehennas, Shaz, and Sulf). All in all it takes minimum 2 MCs and max 3 plus an UBRS to Emberseer to complete the entire chain.

I can make all the flarecore items. If you wanted to hand out mats for them have those interested contact me for a full list of what they will need. Personally I don't think they are worth it.

Strongtower I would advise to get a Onyxia Scale cloak for your fire resist piece for your back. Its not the +20 Fire resist but you will need one for BWL one day anyhow. Give Goblit a tell and see if she still has any Onyxia Scales from there. She did have some last I checked and was selling them for only 50g which is real cheap. After that they are real easy to make. Just need a Tailor to make a cloak and a Leather worker to combine the cloak with the scale. Cassadine is able to do that. See me in game for more details.

This game is funny that way Strongtower. For 60 levels, all you are doing is farming quests and levels. After 60, the farming of quests diminishes and farming faction and items begins. I spent my whole tuesday farming fire elementals in Un'guro to get 4 essences of fire to get +15 FR on my FR cloak. The nature of the farming changes, that all.

I kind of liken it to the difference between an employee and an employer. During your leveling stages of your toon, you are an employee, looking for work to do from quest givers. After 60, you have to become an employer and find your own work to do. That could be farming for an item, for mats or for faction.

It is a fine line between all of us and the infamous "chinese farmer" We all farm in the same ways. The only difference is the "farmer" took it one little step further in switching from the AH to eBay.

Back