Problems with server.

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
Hey guys I just went to play some warm up rounds for tonights games and I noticed that deathmatch has been changed from 20 to 10 min in game. I also noticed that I can't sign in as an admin anymore. Did you guys change the password? If so, please PM me it. I know that captain_Tea gave me a list of pages that I shouldn't go into and where you can change the ammount of time a game lasts is where I'm not allowed to go into so Please change deathmatch back to 20 min. and I hope I see all of you online tonight for some ut fun! :D

Server seems fine to me. Password and settings are all correct.

THE CAPTAIN IS BACK!!!! <333 We have missed you so much. Yesterday we realized that the server settings were horrible. Deathmatch only allowed 2 people to play and the score limit was 100. Thankfully tek went into the settings and I think he set everything back to default. I don't know if you will have to redo all the settings you worked really hard on, but you might want to double check everything because I know you had that server down to a science. If you didn't change the password, you might want to consider doing that considering that none of the ToJ members actually ever went into the server settings while these changes happened. also I just tried entering the server settings again and it works for me now.

I think someone has hacked our password. I will need to make a stronger one. This is the secong time the settings changed "spontaneously".

Thankfully tek went into the settings and I think he set everything back to default.
Nope. I just changed the maxplayers and deathmatch time limit settings. And removed Torlan_Necris from the Warfare map rotation. Everything else is as it was.

Nope. I just changed the maxplayers and deathmatch time limit settings. And removed Torlan_Necris from the Warfare map rotation. Everything else is as it was.

Now you can add two more DM or duel maps tea! :D

Haha, Torlan Necris is an Epic map, not a custom one. It wouldn't be taking up any space on the redirect.
Aye, I didn't delete the map file. I just removed it from the maplist.

Might as well delete it if we can't play it. I want more dm maps anyway : )
I don't know if it's an individual map file or a configuration file for the base Torlan map. Either way, the purpose of limiting the number of custom maps was to keep from discouraging new players from joining us (which is an unfortunate side effect of requiring excessive custom map downloads, even with a redirect).

I don't know if it's an individual map file or a configuration file for the base Torlan map. Either way, the purpose of limiting the number of custom maps was to keep from discouraging new players from joining us (which is an unfortunate side effect of requiring excessive custom map downloads, even with a redirect).

True I understand that, but unreal tournament III dosen't get many new players at all anymore. The community is really based off of the HARDCORE players. Plus captain tea makes sure that the map downloads has a limit of 30mb I think so that the d/l's don't take long.

Just letting everyone know that last monday the server settings went screwy again so tek fixed the basic settings and also changed the password. Hopefully that should stop all the random changes.

Just letting everyone know that last monday the server settings went screwy again so tek fixed the basic settings and also changed the password. Hopefully that should stop all the random changes.

I'm pretty positive that the bug infested Domination gametype is causing it. I think we should remove it. I'm not overly fond of it anyway.

I'm pretty positive that the bug infested Domination gametype is causing it. I think we should remove it. I'm not overly fond of it anyway.
I don't know if the Domination gametype is at fault, but I think switching between gametypes has something to do with the maxplayers variable changing. I had to change maxplayers back to 16 and restart the server again today.

Last edited:
Yes, I don't think it is caused by our getting our server hacked. If someone did hack it, I'm sure they would do something slightly more malicious.

Mwuahaha, next time they play DM, it will only be to 10 frags!

Oh, I forgot to mention that last night a few people told me to tell you guys to please remove ping comp from the server. A lot of people aren't happy with it.

Back