Progression Karazhan - Tuesday/Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great run tonight! We got through Shade of Aran on the second try, hopped over and played a nice game of chess, and then rounded out the night with a set of amazing attempts on Prince.

We didn't get the Price to give up his Crown (T4 helm token) but we were darn close. Last attempt was down to 11 or 12 percent. I think that in the near future, we'll take his crown!

ZA is still on in the morning, 8:30 server start time. Please try to be online around 8 so you can get the quest, flight paths, and get all the introductory stuff done. We'll start as close to 8:30 as we can and give the bear a big hug.

Went thru ZA this morning and played with the Bear Boss. He's a mean dude. :) We had a few substitutes in, and things were a little rougher than I hoped. We actually got to play with the bear - we got as far as the 2nd troll phase on our best attempt (from what I've heard, 3-4 cycles is normal).

After 15 or so deaths each (more for the tanks because of how the bear can be reset) we grabbed our 20-slot bags and went back to Kara for a little jaunt to the Maiden. Badges were had by all. Eric got a tanking necklace. Several of us went back to the library to turn in Mediev's Journal, then we called it a day.

We'll have to work on our plan for our next ZA run. I'd like to see a little more of our normal group there. I hope that nobody gets scared away from ZA because of today's run; it was tough and taught us a few things, but I think that we can get back in there and get the Bear down pretty soon. I'm open to ideas on scheduling.

Thanks to the guys of K12 (mostly Ben) I am keyed and geared for Kara.

Thanks to everyone on Friday for letting me come tank (even tank Curator)

I am more than willing to come again.

Haazda
Prot Pally
Tank

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it tonight for the run, Mel has this recital thing at 5 server, so getting back in time might be close. If I'm on, then I'd be more than willing to do whatever is needed.

yeah, that's where I am, I have a ton due tomorrow morning so tonight will be lots of work, so I'm pulling for friday night.

Yes the second run this week is for Friday. I will be posting it in GC as soon as I log on.

As we downed Aran already, our goal for this run will be Chess and then Prince (of course). If we do nothing but end up downing Prince with an all TF group I will be happy.

That said, having done Prince quite a few times myself with other groups, here is what we need:

2 main, properly geared healers (as we had on Tuesday, nice job)
1 off tank / healer (Pally with healing gear or druid with same)
1 well geared main tank (I think Guilo fits this, but not sure if he can make it)
6 ranged dps

I know this last point may be a little controversial, but in my experience, an under geared ranged dps'er still puts out more damage than a fairly well geared melee on the Prince fight. This fight is a dps race. Any melee dps'er has to spend about 1/3 of their time running out and back in and avoiding the bad guys falling from the sky. After we have actually downed this guy once or twice, we can start shaking it up, but the priority for this run is to down him.

All that said, I encourage anyone with interest to sign up for this run. Please understand that sign-up does not equal invite, but there is ALWAYS someone who can't make it for some reason, and you might get lucky. This is how I have been able to do some of my Prince runs with other groups. Other times I have been invited out of the blue because they liked my performance on the first times. Make your self available and we both might be pleasently surprised *grin*

Mel has a concert tomorrow night, so Gavin and I are both going to be in the same boat. The thing starts at 7, so we should be done in time to run. We would both love to come, but if you guys fill it by the time we get back, we understand.

Prince down? Check! Down in one night? hmmmm

Our runs next week will be on Tuesday and Friday. It would be interesting to make a real push and see if we could do Moroes, Opera, Curator, Aran, Chess, Prince in one night. We were actually fairly close this week, as we got through Aran while cutting the raid short and making a LOT of pauses in between pulls.

I am so in. in one night would be soooooooooo sweet. I'll work on Ben and Gavin, we're talking about it right now. =D

so you get your teir 4 helm.... then stop coming..... hmmmmm

j/k Randy. None of the guys here at K12 run GC but we are all in for tuesday.

I am not sure about friday, I know I'm out I have my first indoor track meet this year that day. I'm thinking the other guys are to, since we have to be off campus by 7:00 that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back