PROTOCOL ERROR FIX

bascom

People are experiencing protocol errors. The fix is to /register to change the way you login. Everyone joins as a guest player until they /login. Do this today please:

1) Login to the server the normal way (fighting protocol errors and server keys)
2) type "/register password password"
Instead of typing the word password, type what u want it to be. Passwords cannot contain spaces, must 4-8 characters, but can be anything you want.

----

Play in offline mode. If after joining the server you are not playing under your normal username and belt color, type "/login username password". The username is your username. The password is the pass you used to /register with.

Details:
https://github.com/SimpleServer/SimpleServer/wiki/Custom-Authentication

type your madeup password twice? Like /register password bascomiscool ? or /register bascomiscool bascomiscool?

I believe it's the former ewok. I could be very wrong though. xD Just try both if the first doesn't work?

I have "communication error" showing for both wwjd and toj server. :( I did the register thing, but didn't understand the offline part until Soka explained it to me.

Either way, I can't play.

I have "communication error" showing for both wwjd and toj server. :( I did the register thing, but didn't understand the offline part until Soka explained it to me.

Either way, I can't play.

Welcome to the IP ban club, most likely that's what it is.

Welcome to the IP ban club, most likely that's what it is.

o.o why would our IP be banned? Hmm... and I wonder if Cat has this problem too, if that's the case then it probably is the problem.

EDIT: I did get kicked earlier and it said something about connection and too many requests or something... if that helps at all?

Last edited:
Custom Authentication Turned off

Unfortunately, the custom authentication /register did not go very well. Most people could not understand how to do it. I tried to make a video tutorial, but the server was too laggy from all the people trying to connect and all the griefing that took place. Not sure if people were able to join who were not supposed to, but the griefing was pretty bad.

Cant get in, says no connect to the server for both wwjd and toj. I am able to get into cc however.

Cant get in, says no connect to the server for both wwjd and toj. I am able to get into cc however.

^ Same. ^

I tried both Rexul and Soka7 too... it might be our IP... but... idk.

EDIT: :O !!!! As soon as I posted this I could get on xD awesome!!!
EDIT 2: D: 3 minutes later, both Soka7 and Rexul were somewhere I didn't leave them. I typed /home on Rexul and /tp Soka7 Rexul on Soka7... both of them were falling into pitch black darkness, so I relogged Soka7 (afraid I might not be able to get back in on Rexul) and was still falling and not too long after that both got disconnected.

Last edited:
Well... I can log in successfully, but the map is either different than before or i didn't set my /home right because after I finally got the chunks to load it was a random island in the middle of nowhere... I can't place/break blocks, even though I'm in ToJ area, and I can't pick up items either, it's lame. It tells me the server is down but allows me to login on both Rexul and Soka7. Teleporting and /home do work, chat is laggy though and the effect isn't immediate like it usually is. So yea... I'd tell you what the problem was if I knew xD This isn't very helpful but I'm hoping by sharing what is happening someone can identify the issue and fix it...

And here I was hoping to get some building done! xD Oh well, I'll do it some other time.

EDIT: Oh, and both Rexul and Soka7 are TOJ Guards... After Dragonfire mentioned that I thought it could be important info.
And thanks Dragonfire, Cross being up instead of Psalms makes some of this make sense xD I wasn't aware they did that change.

Last edited:
The map currently up is "Cross", "Psalms" is down because it is lagging to the point of being unplayable. And yes, I also am having the block placing issues, even at the "Guard" rank I am unable to place blocks except in the "ToJ town/city" and "Freebuild" areas and also in the Nether. The server seems to currently be phasing on and off, I'm on for a few secs then it kicks me off.

Last edited:
Server Been up All week

The server "mc.toj.cc" or "wwjd.dyndns.org" has been up all week. The status of offline or online can be seen at the link "http://wwjd.dyndns.org"

Because of your difficulties, I have been forced to allow custom authentication. Use the protocol error fix of playing in offline mode. A separate thread for offline mode will soon be created.

Back