ps3 PRICE CUT!

either way within 6 months the first price cut will come

I think not since it took 2 years for the PS2 to drop down $100, should be the same with the PS3.

North America

* US$299.99 (October 26, 2000, Launch Price) (CAD$449.99)
* US$199.99 (May 14, 2002) (CAD$299.99)
* US$179.99 (May 13, 2003) (CAD$249.99)
* US$149.99 (May 11, 2004) (CAD$179.99)
* US$129.99 (April 20, 2006) (CAD$139.99)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_2

I am getting PS3 as well, IF, Resident Evil 5, has gotten better from its previous series. But I'm sure, when that game comes out, PS3 would have a price drop.

you can make anything seem to be cartoonie via cell shading. XIII was one of the better games I have ever seen. you could also make everything reflective and place a bright light in the room to make a nifty effect.

Seems cartoonish to me, especially from Team Fortress 2.

To have a great game like Team Fortress then go down to a cartoonish look for Team Fortress 2, sounds like they gave up when they tried to make it realistic. (No offense, TF fans)

Last edited:
I dont think that tf2 actually uses cell shading much, it is cartooney because the models are.

Cell shading is just a technique, like watercolor or oils.

TF2 actually uses an in-house technique for lighting and rendering developed by Valve.

Similar effects, different techniques.

That statement sounded more like it was still in the process of being thought over. When someone just babblers about something, it usually isnt official.

Someone? He's the President of Sony. And it was pretty clear to me.

"In the US, we're comfortable with the pricing that we announced at E3--$499 for the 20 gigabyte version and $599 for the 60-gigabyte version," Sony Computer President Kaz Hirai told GameSpot. "There are no plans right now to adjust the pricing for the US market."

How does that sound like they're thinking it over?

Someone? He's the President of Sony. And it was pretty clear to me.

"In the US, we're comfortable with the pricing that we announced at E3--$499 for the 20 gigabyte version and $599 for the 60-gigabyte version," Sony Computer President Kaz Hirai told GameSpot. "There are no plans right now to adjust the pricing for the US market."

How does that sound like they're thinking it over?

I really don't like calling the PS3 a Computer Entertainment center. So I don't! :p

[toj.cc]phantom;183134 said:
I really don't like calling the PS3 a Computer Entertainment center. So I don't! :p

Either way Im not buying it till it's on the market atleast 6 months. I would rather buy a new video card and a PhyX to play around with. I am looking over the SDK for the PhyX, its pretty fun to play with :p

I'm still waiting to hear about the Xbox 360 price drop. Microsoft stated that they are committed to a yearly price drop. If Sony drops their price, Microsoft will almost definitely lower their price.

I think I'm just going to get the Wii either for Christmas or for my birthday in March, but eventually when the price is low enough I'm sure I'll pick up a 360.

In the meantime, World of Warcraft is taking up all of my free gaming time, so a gaming console isn't really a priority anyway (not that videogames ever should be a priority).

Last edited:
the 360 is crippled tho, if im going to spend xxx I atleast want it to function as a computer, plus the ps3 has a fully functional version of linux included by default. Plus gentoo already runs on that architecture :p

Back