PSA: Armor Previews for Armor You Don't Have Yet

Brydon

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Okay, so I felt like an idiot last night... and in the interests of helping out the guild we should all eat humble pie and share our idiot moments so that we all learn...

My Charr is choosing between Order of Whispers and Priory. After scouring google for days trying to find good pics of Priory armor on a Charr (his head is usually cut off in the profile) I finally caught wise to the PvP locker where you can go and "try on" scads of outfits that you don't yet own. You can see how they look in your colors and you can mix and match parts.

For those of you who don't know how to get there: open the PvP window, click "go to the mists" or whatever, and the locker is right around to the right... The icon is a little locker on the map but it's gray and kinda hidden. And don't worry, it's all just a lobby. No PvP experience necessary.

Anyways, this was great for me, and just thought I would share it with those who haven't found that yet. If you already knew about this, no further comment needed.

That is brilliant! I knew you could preview armor if someone linked it in chat, but it's nice not having to rely on someone already having it. I think if you go to the cultural armor selling people you can preview the sets there too without buying them, but having them all in one place is super convenient!

Just a quick note to add to this: you can get codes for these items from gw2db.com. You can ALSO get dye chat codes there. So, you can pretty much paste a complete preview setup.

Brydon, you paste them into chat. You can use /say so that you aren't broadcasting them randomly to everyone in a zone or the guild. Then you can right click them, then click preview to see it on your toon.

Ryan, I had no idea these were listed in the database, thanks for the tip!

/p would be even better if you're not in a party, then you only broadcast it to yourself. I've done that one more than one occasion :p

Is there still no way to preview gear off of the auction house for those of us who are terrible at PVP? lol

the great thing about the PvP lockers is that no PvP experience is needed. I'm terrible at it too...

I don't think there's a way to preview off the auction yet.

Back