Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No - Two nights a week is enough

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I really don't care.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Avesther

This is a pretty straight forward poll.

Would you be interested in a week long push to Rag. That means, spending a few hours in MC per night until we get to Rag. There is enough water in the guild to douse all the runes to summon Domo.

We would only spend a few hours in MC a night with specific goals in mind. For example:

First night: Luci and Mag
Second night: Gehannas and Garr
Third night: Baron Gheddon and Shaz
Fourth night: Sulfuron and Golemmag, maybe a quick attempt on Domo to see what the fight is like.
Fifth night: Domo and Rag.

Of course this is assuming that each goal is reached each night. But if we can't kill Garr on the second night, he will be our goal on the third night.

In order to properly do this, we would have to set up about half the raid with regulars (they wouldn't have to sign up). This way we could be sure to have 4 or more warlocks on for the night we attempt Garr and 4 or more mages for Domo.

I would support that!

I could alternate between Samj and Puff as needed.

Also we need 2 well geared tanks and 3 support tanks to be successful. Protection spec can mitigate damage where gear is lacking. As a tank gets gear, spec is less important, but in the beggining extending the damage a tank can take and helping your healers heal less is crucial to overall raid success in my opinion. If your a tank in greens and not protection specced you are good for about 1 or 2 hits before you go down and thats not so good in my opinion

ANYBODY who signs up for our MC runs is welcome to participate in this poll. Please, I'd like to get an idea of the level of interest before I commit the required time to make this happen.

I have not raided with you all yet in MC but from my experience could we even do Rhag yet? I mean on Warsong when we had pretty good geared people we could clear all of MC in around 4 hrs. We then would leave Domo, Rhag and Onyxia for the other raid night. Are we even close to clearing the zone in a one night setting and if we are not is it reasonable to think we can kill Rhag yet?

This would not be about getting to rag in one night. Its about spending more days in MC, with shorter time limits and specific goals each night. Being in MC for 6 hours straight just means people will start making silly mistakes. But, if your goals is to down Luci and Mag tonight in under 2 hours, then the whole group will be focused just on that task, increasing the likelyhood of success.

Looking at the theorycraft numbers:

1st week: We take down Shaz, but can't go any further: 15 new epics in the raid.
2nd week: Same as the first. 15 new epics
3rd week: Sulfuron goes down but Golemag is causing hiccups. 17 new epics
4th week: Golemag goes down. Major Domo is a major Pain. 20 new epics
5th to 7th week: No Major domo 3 x 20 = 60 epics
8th to 10th week: Major Domo is down, but not Rag. 3 x 23 = 69 epics

Total anticpated epics in the team: 196
Add epics already won ~ 35
Add epics already worn by the leaders ~ 48

Total epic gear in the run to take down Rag: 279 (Average 7 per person) This doesn't include Onyxia, ZG or AQ20

11th week: Rag drops. This is really a stretched out timeline, but about the time line we did with the Holicron Knights. From when our team there started to when we took down Domo, it was about 12 or 13 weeks.

Of course, as time goes on, we will spend less time in MC and get further. The fastest I've seen MC cleared with my previous team is just over 4 hours. I can see as a goal within a few weeks of staring a daily push of getting the run to get Shaz down on Friday in 3 hours. And then Saturday finish the last four bosses.

As for the potential of the team, I think it has the best of any MC team ever started on Stonemaul. I know that there are some guilds that got to Rag on their first attempt, but those guilds were break aways from a main guild that already had MC on farm status. We have been at Garr since week 1. Most teams get to Luci, maybe, in the first week. Our best week ever is taking Baron Gheddon down and playing with Shaz.

Right now, what is holding us up at Garr is: Group make up. When we are at Garr we need 5 priests (one for each tank, 1 MT and 4 OT) and 4 warlocks (maybe a 5th for backup). And we have only had that make up once, and it was that once we breazed through Garr sans problem.

Here is something nice to hear from a raid leader: It is my solemn opinion, that if we had at least that make up in the raid at Garr week in and week out, we can have Golemagg down in two weeks. We have geared tanks to take the beating from Golemagg who already have the experience of taking him. Our biggest problem will be Shaz, but IMO, Shaz is every guilds biggest problem in MC. LOL

This is exciting and I think it sounds great.

Here is a problem I foresee and wonder what you think Avesther.
Total epic gear in the run to take down Rag: 279 (Average 7 per person)
If we were a solid raiding team this is true. But our team is over 100 ppl strong. Lots of epics are being handed out to people with less then 50% raid attendance. In fact there are a few epics in hands of ppl who have <11% attendance. This is spreading out the gear very thinly. 279epics/100raiders= 2.7 each

Also is the same with strategy. The same team is not showing up for each boss fight. We have a good core of regular raiders, but each week there are many new people and we have to re-learn the strat for a boss we took down with no deaths the week before.

I am not complaining, just wondering if there is any way to help fix this, or is it the nature of our raid setup and we need to live with it? And factor it into our time lines. I guess most of it is due to the fact that <Redeemed> is not a hard core raiding guild by make up. It is a casual/social guild mainly and as Christians we want to include as many as possible in our raids for all the benefits socially that brings.

Just thinking out loud and wondered what your thoughts on this were. I am interested in helping out if there is a role I can play in this area. I think most of my WoW time is going to be shifted to raiding in the near future.

Last edited:
I guess most of it is due to the fact that <Redeemed> is not a hard core raiding guild by make up.

This is the nature of the beast. Although, it would make for a great sociology study.

Well Im gonna try and be there this Friday if my transfer gets done. That would mean one more Warlock. I also have my complete Felheart set ++. So maybe it will help with Garr a tad more.

Giladis would be commited to going to everything is it possible regulars can be auto signed up on weekends I work like 7 days a week its hard sometimes to signup before everythings full and I see some warrior I've never seen before in my spot :p

As much as I would like to do this I would like to have some adventure in WoW outside of MC. Weeknights I only have a few hours that I am able to play and have friends (in and out of guild) that I enjoy running with. However I do not like the idea that I would not be along to drop the bosses and get a shot at the gear that I need / want.

If the guild decides to go this route I will commit myself to being there everynight (except Thursday) to make this happen and I would want a spot saved for me. But this is along the same lines as I spoke to Gnome about ZG. I have to be to work at 7am every morning, which means I cannot be up past 11pm. Getting some time in to make dinner and GASP have a life out of WoW, us running everynight of the week is really not a good thing for me. This is why I cannot run ZG with the guild. The Thursday run is my night to play softball and get some physical activity to more parts of my body than moving a mouse and clacking on my keyboard.

Last edited:
I don't think this will be necessary...the team downed Golemmagg and is on to Domo. I've just submitted a strat for Domo that I think would be the easiest for the team to execute, so I suspect strongly this weekend we will be on Rag.

WHICH MEANS:

This week, everybody on Team Eternity should be hunting FR gear every day they are on WoW.

EPICS MEANS NOTHING!!!!

You don't win rag by how many epic pieces you got. It is the fire resistance that counts the most. Tanks are important when it comes to Rag. Transition for knockback is important and it is also important that our healers can keep them up. The others? it is a matter of fire resist, fire pots and Strat. You have to know where to stand, where to run in Phase 2 and when and where you run at phase 3. It is a matter of everyone being able to preform and doing DPS hard and focusing when they are in FR gear and they make less damage.

The way I see it, its how dedicated people are and how much they focus that downs rag, it isn't about gear. We have a great group of people and we will down rag once everyone knows what to do. I have faith, that we are already strong enough as a group to down anything ahead of us.

Have Faith.

PandaX I like your optomistic outlook on Rhag but we need a certain amount of DPS to be able to kill him no matter how much fire resist gear you have. Best thing people can do is show up for MC and we continue our pace. More purples means more DPS that will be needed for both Domo and Rhag. Rhag and Domo are both about doing DPS which means well geared Rogues. We need to just continue to help our rogues get better gear. It will happen

by the by...there is no need for a push to Rag week. We are up to Domo and once Domo goes down, its all Rag, and we did it casually as well!!! That speaks volumes for the team. Two months to Domo by raiding two nights a week for a total of less then 10 hours a week, that just shows you don't need to be a hard core MC raider to get MC on farm status.

And soon we'll be doing MC fast enough that we will do a full clear in one evening. We are at 3 hours (give or take a bit of time) to downing Shaz. Its just a matter now of increasing our speed on taking down Sulfuron and Golemmagg and we will have 8 bosses on farm status for Friday nights.

pish posh, who is this ragnaros? I say he is a Ragnar00b...We can take him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got this team!!!! TO RAG WE GO!

Back