Q&A?

Catakou

Any questions you may want too ask me ill answer them the best i can, Please ask only about the server and things too do with it. Nothing like what you will have for dinner,Please keep it on the subject.

Thank You.
~Catakou

..Which is to say, when do you think annother new minecraft update will be released?

During Minecon on November 18th. Minecraft 1.0 will release. No more stable updates of Minecraft will be released between now and then, only pre-releases. After tomorrow Notch and Jeb are halting all new stuffs and focusing on bug fixing and will release a pre-release every so often until Minecon.

Sources: Jeb & Notch's twitters and Notch's tumblr.

I've become a bit of a creeper xD

[Edit] On a side note, what are the plans for the server after Minecraft 1.0 is released? I mean, specifically related map updating and the new features... like, PvP leveling? Ender portal usage/claiming in strongholds? Animal breeding (will it be a crime to kill another player's animals?) Nether strongholds (I'm still fuzzy about regular strongholds, sooo just whatever you want to say about them)? If dragon mounting is implemented, will players be allowed to claim potentially harmful creatures as their own? Enchantments and potions, fair in PvP (if PvP is allowed)?

Last edited:
Enchantments and potions, fair in PvP?
Is a diamond equipment fair for pvp? .. If you can take the time to farm the items why wouldn't they be fair to use. But really, are you gonna risk a level 41 enchanted diamond sword on 3 guys with iron equipment and bows?
Animal breeding (will it be a crime to kill another player's animals?)
Is it a crime to stumble upon a wild pig and kill it for its tasty bacon? Now is it a crime to jump over [player name here]'s fence a whack a few of their sheep?
Ender portal usage/claiming in strongholds?
Depends really.
If you had highway running through your backyard, would you keep all the cars (but yours) from driving on it? strongholds, from my experience are a lot like mine-shafts and mines.
But lets say someone decides to live in the stronghold. they should post signs up on the surface near the entrance and add iron doors and seal off other entree areas, you know, the way you would keep anyone from just coming into your bunker.

(This is just my opinion though. Catakou decides what the rules are to some extent, the players decide the rest.)

What are your thoughts on creative mode after the final game comes out? I like the idea of giving folks who you trust creative mode for a time. Maybe allowing each player be allowed to choose a spot of land and only use creative in that area to build something cool. Or a communal city where that is the only place people can use it and build stuff together.

If it was limited to an area and everyone had the ability to use it there?.. that sounds alright. equality and creativity all around. :)

\
Is it a crime to stumble upon a wild pig and kill it for its tasty bacon? Now is it a crime to jump over [player name here]'s fence a whack a few of their sheep?

Depends really.
If you had highway running through your backyard, would you keep all the cars (but yours) from driving on it? strongholds, from my experience are a lot like mine-shafts and mines.
But lets say someone decides to live in the stronghold. they should post signs up on the surface near the entrance and add iron doors and seal off other entree areas, you know, the way you would keep anyone from just coming into your bunker.

(This is just my opinion though. Catakou decides what the rules are to some extent, the players decide the rest.)

I don't know if you're quite understanding the purpose of the questions... with animal breeding, no new animals will spawn after they are all killed. Sooo, if someone kills your animals you could possibly have to search pretty far to find new ones just for food and lure them all the way back to your house. Food is a necessity, and captured animals could become a valuable resource. In the server that Aaron started with the pre-releases one of our first projects was to pen some animals so we could have food and it worked amazingly until someone killed the animals and we had to really search for replacements just to survive. Also The End portals in strongholds will be used for the endgame achievement in Minecraft, so if people can lock up these strongholds not everyone will be able to beat the game... And that would be lame. But that does answer my question about enchants :) thanks for that.

Last edited:
I don't know if you're quite understanding the purpose of the questions... with animal breeding, no new animals will spawn after they are all killed. Sooo, if someone kills your animals you could possibly have to search pretty far to find new ones just for food and lure them all the way back to your house. Food is a necessity, and captured animals could become a valuable resource. In the server that Aaron started with the pre-releases one of our first projects was to pen some animals so we could have food and it worked amazingly until someone killed the animals and we had to really search for replacements just to survive. Also The End portals in strongholds will be used for the endgame achievement in Minecraft, so if people can lock up these strongholds not everyone will be able to beat the game... And that would be lame. But that does answer my question about enchants :) thanks for that.

Animal food fills your hunger bar very quickly however it's not as easily renewed as farming. You can even set up a harvesting system for wheat using water and you get seeds when you harvest. Using bonemeal on your first few crops gets you well stocked very quickly. Sugar cane also grows rather quickly. I would use animal breeding for milk and eggs and such.

Also fishing works well for food.

Last edited:
Animal food fills your hunger bar very quickly however it's not as easily renewed as farming. You can even set up a harvesting system for wheat using water and you get seeds when you harvest. Using bonemeal on your first few crops gets you well stocked very quickly. Sugar cane also grows rather quickly. I would use animal breeding for milk and eggs and such.

Also fishing works well for food.

Thanks for the response, but the question was about the rules and stuffs regarding this in the upcoming releases of Minecraft. xD I do just fine getting food. And animal food doesn't just fill the hunger bar quickly, it holds it full for longer. (food saturation, something like: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Food ) My favorite is mushroom soup, you get the bowls back and you can instantly grow mushrooms if you have one mushroom of each type and a couple bonemeal. On top of that with shroom soup, you also don't have to wait on a furnace to cook your food. Downside is that it can't stack yet, but I usually only carry 3 bowls anyway.

Anyway, animals are going to become rarer and more valuable... which was the point in asking what the plans were for breeding and rules and such about it...

Last edited:
:eek: I don't understand why these questions such as the animal one would even come up. :confused: Look, if someone has property and they have animals fence into that property, don't kill them. You wouldn't (or shouldn't) do that in real life, why do it in game. I mean seriously??? :mad: Besides, they are FARM animals, you don't HUNT FARM animals. o_O You hunt WILD animals - which in this case just so happen to be species that are normally found on farms. :rolleyes: :p

And as far as the stronghold thing, if someone in real life finds something of value on their property, they are compensated for it's use. So, the person who has it should be compensated to allow people to use the portal. :confused: ORRRR being a Christian sever, the person should just let people use the portal. :cool:

Seriously people, this isn't supposed to be a "worldy" server. :( We don't really need rules, we should already have them as they are written in the Bible. :)

:mad: UGH!!! :mad:

*steps down off her soap box, ready to use it on someones head! heheh* :p ;)

We're a Christian server who allows worldly people in to allow us a chance witness to them.

If the purpose of the server is to give us a safe place to play without worrying about worldly people, we need to shorten up the white-list a huge amount. If the purpose is outreach in any form, we need rules and we need to enforce them to keep it kinda safe but we need to accept that it often cost something to serve Him.

We're a Christian server who allows worldly people in to allow us a chance witness to them.

If the purpose of the server is to give us a safe place to play without worrying about worldly people, we need to shorten up the white-list a huge amount. If the purpose is outreach in any form, we need rules and we need to enforce them to keep it kinda safe but we need to accept that it often cost something to serve Him.

I realize this Wolf - what I mean is that "us" Christians shouldn't have to have rules. And the rules shouldn't be that difficult to lay out for the "worldly" people since we already know what they should be.

We don't need to "make-up" rules, they are already pretty much made up.

Don't steal (if it isn't your's but it belongs to someone else don't touch it)
Don't lie
Don't cheat
Do unto others
Love People

You know, those kinds of things.

*uses soapbox on wolf's head*

(by placing it over his head ... you didn't think I would smash it over it did ya?) :p hehehe ;)

Is there any way to download the old world? I'd like to keep a copy of the cathedral and the Presidential Hut handy. :)

I don't believe so. I asked previously and have received no answer. I believe when the worlds were eaten it was permanent.

You may want to talk to gator, he may or may not have a local copy somewhere on his PC, give 'em a PM. Hope for the best but don't expect anything, he has cleared out some of the old minecraft files before.

Back