Q? about Xbox360 controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimL2112

Hi there. I am an Xbox360 Gamer and I have a silly question. Situation first: Two people are playing a co-op game split screen, using 2 controllers, of course. Player 2 says, "This was fun, but it's time to go.", and puts the controller down. Player 1 (me) presses the Xbox Guide Button on controller 2 (the silver & green one that looks like an Xbox360 logo) down for a few seconds, and a menu appears on-screen: Shut Down Console / Turn Off Controller / Cancel. I pick "Turn Off Controller" & press A. The controller turns off >>BUT<< then an annoying message comes on-screen saying "Please reconnect controller". Question: How do you make that annoying message go away, short of rebooting the console itself??? The owner's manual doesn't mention this.

You take a sledge hammer and beat the pulp out of the console until the error message goes away. Once you are finished make sure to dispose of the console in an environmentally friendly manner.

1.turn the controller back on. use the other controller.
2.Maybe try to log off the second person first. then maybe the controller will be able to turn off.

I think most co-op games, you can't have one person leave mid-campaign. You're gonna have to hit a save point first probably.

1.turn the controller back on. use the other controller.
2.Maybe try to log off the second person first. then maybe the controller will be able to turn off.
Exactly.

You can't continue playing as the second player in a one player game. ;)

You realize that you bought a machine made my Microsoft, the likes of which has bought us Windows Vista. Then proceed to do as Vibrokatana states above. Please note, sledge hammer sold seperately. Proceed to smash Xbox as if that big X is a target symbol, before it gives you the Red Ring of Death. Dispose of pieces properly. Go to electronics store or the like. Buy Playstation 3. Enjoy gaming without bugs.

:)

You realize that you bought a machine made my Microsoft, the likes of which has bought us Windows Vista. Then proceed to do as Vibrokatana states above. Please note, sledge hammer sold seperately. Proceed to smash Xbox as if that big X is a target symbol, before it gives you the Red Ring of Death. Dispose of pieces properly. Go to electronics store or the like. Buy Playstation 3. Enjoy gaming without bugs.

:)

:rolleyes:

I, for one, like the 360, aside from silly little *cough* >_> <_< *cough* things like the Red Rings of Death and what I call "RME", not to be confused with REM. It stands for "Random Microsoft Errors", and can only be fixed by taking a cat-loading-shotgun to Bill Gates' house and threatening to fire at will.

Um... yes.
:D

Too many Anti-Microsoft people in this forum. I don't feel as though Xbox 360 gets a fair break. But i'm pretty sure if you click the middle button on the second controller (Click, don't hold) You should be able to log off that profile. Which should kick them from the game. Then just shut the controller off.

Too many Anti-Microsoft people in this forum. I don't feel as though Xbox 360 gets a fair break. But i'm pretty sure if you click the middle button on the second controller (Click, don't hold) You should be able to log off that profile. Which should kick them from the game. Then just shut the controller off.

Our newest computer has Vista. It's been going downhill since then.

I love gaming on my 360. I've not had any serious issues with it, and I've had it for over 2 years now (a rarity I know). XBL is fantastic (what little I've gotten to play on it...) and I enjoy the games that come out on it. The only hate I have for MS is for their Operating Systems (Mostly Vista, I've grown to *almost* appreciate XP) and that's about it. Well, and I don't have much care for Steve Ballmer. I've given up trying to game on Linux, why bother when I've got a legit copy of XP I can use for just that purpose?

Since the original poster's question has been answered and since this has devolved into another Microsoft bash-a-thon (no matter how warranted MS-bashing may be), I'm going to go ahead and lock this one.

If you want to discuss the failure rate of the Xbox 360, then please start a new thread. (And I'm not saying that to be snarky; I would be fine with someone starting a thread on the subject.)

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back