question bout tempetures

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok i found a program that can adjust and moniter ur fan speed in ur computer. it always says my cpu temp is at like 147-153F range... is that bad cuz it has a little fire next to it but i cant cool it much lower than that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Dec. 13 2004,12:50)]ok i found a program that can adjust and moniter ur fan speed in ur computer. it always says my cpu temp is at like 147-153F range... is that bad cuz it has a little fire next to it but i cant cool it much lower than that
dude, i'm surprised ur comp hasn't blown up! or a fire started or something. my temp is usually 65-72 degrees. Do you have a heatsink? it might make the comp run better if you did.

i have a AMD athlon xp processor 2.133ghz. oh and i messed with the program and got it down to 140 but yeah that still doesnt seem good....

agreed check the bios under pc health usually. that's very hot and I hope that program is not correct

i should blow it out. would an air compressor work ok?? and its a athlon 2600+ its a compaq presario i got last year at x-mas wow its been that long already amazing, anyways. here is a link to my complete specss http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf....#N10043

hmm ok lol, i'll have to wait till after x-mas then i can afford it. ive noticed on the program that there is a 2nd fan its monitering but when i try and adjus the output nothing happens inside the case, it says its bout 80F so im wondering if its just messed up?

canned air? what's the point of buying air? *grabs a bottle, swoops around and sells to some dummy for $5* *repeats* gee, this could be profitable
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

hmm im thinkin i might get a case fan, i'll post some pics of my case cuz i dont know what to look for lol

I agree with hescominsoon, look at the heatsink and see if it is dusty, i would imagine so. I clean my computers from dust every couple of months. A case fan will definelty help to if the heatsink is not the problem.

be sure you have some in-going and also out-going case fans. You need air circulation to get the cool air in, and blow the hot air out, which helps the components cool. Believe me, it works. One of the only reason my overclocked Radeon 9600 Xt stays at 39 degress on load even with extreme overclocking.

Back