Questions about Jesus

Corpfox

As a precaution, this may be a anti-belief to Jesus, if it is and against the ToS, by all means, delete or lock this post.

How old was Jesus when he died?
Is there a birthday, or something you give thanks to Jesus every year? (If not exact, please explain)
If so, why do you do it?
How did he die?
Why did he die?
Who killed him?
How long did he live before he died?
Where was he buried when he died?
Was he buried in a coffin, just sand or rocks? (Explain if one, all, or none of those)
When he rose up, was he a spirit or living?
If a spirit, was he transparent like a ghost?
If living, was there a light when he rose and flew up the sky, or was there angels that carried him up? (Or if none of those, please explain.)
How many people witness his rising from the grave?
Did everyone, including the ones that hated him, accept that he rose up and forgave their sins? (If not exact, please explain)

I'll think of more, when I come up with some.

Corpfox said:
As a precaution, this may be a anti-belief to Jesus, if it is and against the ToS, by all means, delete or lock this post.

I don't think you have anything to worry about - this is the right forum for religious discussion and debate, and you are asking some great questions.

It is relatively uncontested that he was 33 when he died, and 30 at the time he began His ministry as detailed in the Gospels.

Is there a birthday, or something you give thanks to Jesus every year? (If not exact, please explain)

Christmas is the celebration of Jesus's birth. We do not actually know precisely which year Jesus was born, much less the month or day, so the decision made by the early Church to start celebrating His birthday in December was not based on when He was actually was born, but rather on when it would be most appropriate and convenient to celebrate His birth.

Easter is also a celebration of Jesus - specifically, it is the commemoration of when He rose from the grave. Again, it is not based on the actual date of Jesus's ressurection, because that information was not passed down from ancient times. However, we DO know he rose on the first day of the week, which is why Easter is celebrated on Sunday.

Finally, the Lord's Supper is a celebration of Jesus as the Bread of life - and out of the three I've mentioned, it is the only one specifically called for and required by the Bible. All Christian churches, even the most stringently anti-ceremony or anti-ritual, practice the Lord's Supper as a rememberance of Jesus.

How did he die?
Why did he die?
Who killed him?
Was he buried in a coffin, just sand or rocks? (Explain if one, all, or none of those)

The best way for you to learn all of the above is to watch the movie, "Passion of the Christ" by Mel Gibson. You REALLY need to see that movie, which is almost universally regarded as an accurate (but VERY graphic) portrayal of Christ's betrayal, torture and death on the cross. There are many Christians I know of who have been studying the Bible for all their lives - but who never really UNDERSTOOD what Christ went through before seeing that movie.

No. When's the last time you saw a ghost sit down at the dinner table and eat? :rolleyes: Jesus did that many times after his resurrection - in fact, for 40 days. Also, remember Thomas - he actually touched the wounds of Christ, just as he insisted on doing before believing it was actually Him.

If living, was there a light when he rose and flew up the sky, or was there angels that carried him up? (Or if none of those, please explain.)

Hmmm.. don't have my Bible handy to look that up - I'm sure someone else can field that one. ;)

Nobody witnessed him rising from the grave. The soldiers who were guarding his grave were struck dumb, and by the time Mary had arrived the stone had already been rolled away and Jesus was gone. Well, at least she though He was gone - He was actually standing around nearby. (I'll bet he wished at that moment that he had a camera to take a snapshot of Mary's expression, at the moment she realized the boulder had been rolled away and the Romans were gone) :D

Jesus's death, on the other hand, was witnessed by hundreds and is considered a historically accurate fact even by secular historians. It was performed by the Romans, who knew how to kill people and did it very effectively and thoroughly (and as the Bible said, the Romans even thrust a spear into his body to make sure he was dead before they removed him from the cross.)

After rising from the dead, Jesus was seen by THOUSANDS - not just his disciples - over a period of 40 days.

Did everyone, including the ones that hated him, accept that he rose up and forgave their sins? (If not exact, please explain)

One of the reasons that the Gospels (1st four books of the New Testament) were not written down until many years after Jesus had returned to Heaven is that Jesus's resurrection from death was simply regarded as uncontested fact. Nobody was making any serious claim that it was all some kind of hoax until the Gnostics and other similar groups started to pop up (this started to happen once there were no eyewitnesses around to contradict false doctrines about Christ). The problem of false teachings about Christ had been forseen by those who had been closest to Jesus, which is why they saw it necessary to put together a solid account of Jesus's life, death and burial (and most importantly, the significance of those things in Jesus' own words) as a definitive account for generations to come. That is how the Gospels came to be written.

Paul

I will attempt this, I do not have my bible with me, so I may need help. I am going from memory.

1.) How old was Jesus when he died?
A.) 33 years old

2.)Is there a birthday or something you give thanks to Jesus every year?
A.)Traditionally December 25, though this is not his actual Birthday. (A great discussion for another thread btw)

3.)If so why do you do it?
A.)We celebrate the day the Word became flesh to walk amongst us. (again another time, another thread)

4.)How did he die?
A.)He was tortured and then nailed to a wooden beam(cross). This restricted airflow to his lungs.

5.)Why did he die?
A.)He died for all of mankinds sins. He was the ultimate and final sacrifice, so that we would have a chance for everlasting life.

6.)Who killed him?
A.)Jesus claimed that he was God. This upset the Jewish religious leaders. They repeatedly asked the Roman government to have him executed. Their requests were repeatedly denied, they found no wrong in Jesus. They finally coerced and persuaded Pilate, a Roman govenor, to have Jesus executed.

7.)How long did he live before he died?
A.)About 3 hours? or was it 6? EDIT-I mean on the cross

8.)Where was he buried when he died?
A.)Joseph of Arimathea put Jesus in his new tomb with the help of Nicodemus.

9.)Was he buried in a coffin, just sand, or rocks?
A.)He was laid to rest in a sepulchre...it doesn't specify other than that.

10.)When He rose up was he a spirit or living?
A.)He left the earth alive by rising up into the sky

11.)If a spirit was he transparent like a ghost?
A.)N/A

12.)If living was there a light when he rose and flew up in the sky, or was there angels that carried him up?
A.)I don't know this one. Neither I think

13.)How many people witness his rising from the grave.
A.)I don't know, I have heard over 500 Edit- None witnessed until after he rose.

14.)Did everyone, including the ones that hated him, accept that he rose up and forgave their sins?
A.)There is no record, I know that there was alot, including a couple of Roman soldiers that accepted jesus as Lord. There was also 3000 that accpeted on the day of Pentecost. And Saul/Paul who was a bigtime persecuter of Christians obviously accpeted.

I tried (from memory), forgive me if I missed something.

Last edited:
-I would guess 33, since it was three years after His Ministry began that He was put to death.

-No. Although some celebrate Christmas, ecspecially those with children whom they desire to bless with good gifts. Some also celebrate Easter as the Jew's celebrated passover.. I give thanks daily for the Life of Christ Jesus.

If so, why do you do it?
-I don't. But if someone I know celebrates I share in thier joy.

How did he die?
-He was put to death at the hands of sinners by being crucified on a wooden cross.

Why did he die?
-He died for the sins of the world.

Who killed him?
-God killed Him. He made Himself a sacrifice for us.

-As stated above aproximately 33 years.

-In a tomb hewn our of rock.

-It's called a sepulchure, it is hewn out of rock along the ground.

-He is Living.

-No. He has a corpreal body like you and I. He ate fish with His diciples. And Thomas put his hands into the holes in His hands and into His side where He was pierced.

-God is Light, so yes! Jesus does not need angles to carry Him, He carries them. He rose with clouds and will come again in like manner.

-None. But He appeared first to the disciples and then to over 500 people of various religions and backgrounds.

-Not everyone, but on the day of Pentecost 3000 of those who has participated and/or rejoyced at His sufferings repented and turned in Faith to the Living God.

Is this some kind of test for eveyone here to see if we all really seeking the truth?

Is this a bible IQ or do you not read the word of God for yourself?

Don't take offense with me but I'm just wondering why you would come up with this topic and all these questions?

Last edited:
Back