Questions needed for Tribe of Judah FAQ

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Greetings, all.

I am continuing to develop documentation for both the Christian Gamers Alliance and Tribe of Judah. Toward that end, I am asking you, the members of ToJ, to post questions you would like to see in a revised FAQ sheet.

Please number all questions and try not to repeat questions already posted by other members.

This thread is not restricted to Tribe of Judah members. If non-members wish to contribute questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hopefully, the people that gave questions to CGA FAQ, helped.

You could just invert the question from CGA FAQ, into ToJ FAQ.

Examples:
#1: What is Tribe of Judah?
#2: What is the purpose of Tribe of Judah?
#3: When was Tribe of Judah founded?

1. Why should Christians stick together on the online games?
2. Can they really make a positive difference?
3. Is the online gaming world one of the new mission fields?

#1. Isn't being a Christian and gaming sort of hypocritical since alot of gaming involves killing? (see below)
#2. What games does TOJ play? Do you have sub-chapters or groups?
#3. Do you have a server for each game? What is the IP address?
#4. How is TOJ structured? Do you have a heirarchy that supports TOJ in general?

Please don't missunderstand the first question. I only put that up there because I think that some people who are not christians would ask this very question and even some people who are christians. I personally don't have a problem with it and I'm sure that it's been discussed in these forums before. I thought that Rizz did an excellent job of answering this question on his website. You might want to consider giving a short answer to the question and point them to his website if they want more information.

Just a few suggestions.

1. What is your Statement of Faith?
2. Who founded the Tribe of Judah?
3. What is the official 'tag'?
4. Who is allowed to use the tag?
5. Is the Tribe of Judah a Non-Profit Organization?
6. Can chapters be started for mature games? [possibilities could be, ex., Quake, Postal, GTA, and so on..]
7. What are the requirements for starting a chapter?
8. What are the requirements for joining?
9. Do I have to play games regularly to join the Tribe of Judah?

How about "LOLOLOLLERSKATEZzZ~!!@!1 why maek a clan where you have to be christian to get in??? Liek I luv jesus im frag j00 LOLOLLLL"

I get that one a lot, and usually in a very similar format to the one portrayed. Usually I just say, "Because there are some clans who discriminate against Christians, either for reasons of bigotry or just to try to be "cool," and so we thought we would make one so Christians can hang out and play with others who believe the same thing we do, and represent Jesus in a positive light in the community. And maybe just represent the *rules of grammar* while we're at it. The fact that you're laughing at the idea means that you have a stereotype in your head that is incongruous with the idea of a Christian clan, and so you try to reconcile the fact to the stereotype instead of the other way around, and that's bigotry."

Last edited:
kraniac said:
How about "LOLOLOLLERSKATEZzZ~!!@!1 why maek a clan where you have to be christian to get in??? Liek I luv jesus im frag j00 LOLOLLLL"
Thank you, kraniac. I desperately needed that laugh. ^^

Thank you to everyone who has contributed questions. I took a few of them and wrote a Tribe of Judah FAQ sheet for my Public Relations Writing class.

Keep the questions coming! I'll likely revise the FAQ sheet and add it to ToJ's current FAQ.

/bump

If you have any questions regarding ToJ that have not already been posted, please post them here. I hope to start working on documentation for ToJ soon.

We should also have a FAQ for server admins (mostly cs, css, bf2). When I became admin, I had to ask a lot of questions.

Talon said:
We should also have a FAQ for server admins (mostly cs, css, bf2). When I became admin, I had to ask a lot of questions.
Aye, I plan on compiling both public and private (staff) FAQs.

EDIT: Meant to say: The public FAQ comes first, but staff members can start gathering info for a staff FAQ in the staff forum.

Back