Quick Questions

Chilaha

Hi guys,
New to the forum here, but had some quick questions.
One, can I run Team Fortress 2 on this mac?

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003

Will the game run smoothly if I play it on the lowest settings?
If not, do any of you guys play this on xbox 360?

Mac System Requirements
Minimum: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8 or higher, ATI X1600 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

If not, do any of you guys play this on xbox 360?

- Cross-Platform Multiplayer

Epic Games, Microsoft, and Valve Software all possess technology that allows Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 gamers to play with PC gamers, leaving the decision of which platform to use to consumers.

Last edited:
Mac System Requirements
Minimum: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8 or higher, ATI X1600 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

- Cross-Platform Multiplayer

How would I connect to the TOJ server if I got the game? Is there a place to just type in the i.p address?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions but, I know PC servers usually have Mods and edited maps, how would my xbox 360 be able to play on the server if there is a mod or a edited map?
I have no idea if Xbox 360 players can play on the same servers as PC players. It might be possible, but I don't know what would be involved.

I have no idea if Xbox 360 players can play on the same servers as PC players. It might be possible, but I don't know what would be involved.

Isn't that what the above poster meant by cross platform multiplayer? That you can play with people on the PC and PS3 version?

Isn't that what the above poster meant by cross platform multiplayer? That you can play with people on the PC and PS3 version?
Interesting. It does say cross-platform multiplayer on the TF2 Steam Store page.

But I'd wager that means PC/PlayStation 3 cross-platform play since Steam now has a PS3 client (and, through the Steam client, a way to push updates to players without going through Microsoft or Sony, which would involve a lengthy review process before each and every patch).

I'd still recommend installing TF2 on your computer and trying it for yourself (if you haven't already). Valve has all but abandoned the 360 version of TF2, releasing only 4 updates for the 360 version and over 200 for the PC version.

Back