quick thing i should know

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
how do i set/use recovery partitions?? cuz i checked and my hard drive according to my math is missing 12 gig and im figuireing my recovery partition i set a while back might be the 12 gig so i wanted to check that but i dont remeber how to access the console >_< help? thanks

try running fdisk at the command prompt, you can view partitions and create/delete them with that command too. Be very careful though, erase the wrong partition and your data is gone.

im useing XP so im no to sure how to do that in xp. 98 is easy but i'll look into it.

with xp it should use several gigs for system restore. it may not show up so you may not be missing the 12 gigs. also with some store bought computers (HP for instance) the backup system restore from HP is on your harddrive and it takes up a lot of the lost gigs of space. HP doesn't give out system recovery CD's most of the time. There are other factors too that take up invisible space (usable vs non usable)(FAT 32 or NTFS)

its a NTFS so that could be it and instead of giving me a windows xp disk they gave me 10 cds for system recovery O_O.

Back