Quotes

"To capture the enemy's entire army is better than to destroy it; to take intact a regiment, a company, or a squad is better than to destroy them. For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the supreme of excellence. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence."

"The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected"

"Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays."

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."

"He who blinded by ambition, raises himself to a position whence he cannot mount higher, must thereafter fall with the greatest loss."

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are. "

"I say a Prince should be slow to take action. And should watch that he does not come to be afraid of his own shadow."

"A prince should never flinch from being blamed for acts of ruthlessness which are necessary for safeguarding the state, and their own person. You must take these things so much to heart that you do not fear to strike even the very nearest that you have, if they be implicated."

Can I add to that? :)

"If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnicle of military deployment is formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it."

--This makes me want to play Act Of War.

"Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of thing have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him."

Not from Sun-Tzu's or Machiavelli works, but good:

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

Can't remember

"Some vices miss what is right because they are deficient, some because they are excessive in feelings or in actions, while virtue finds and chooses the mean."

Aristotle, "Nichomachean Ethics"

"The happy life is thought to be one of excellence; now an excellent life requires exertion and does not consist of amusement. If Eudaimonia, or happiness is in accordance with excellence, then it is reasonable that it should be in accordance with the highest excellence and this will be the best thing in us."

Aristotle, "Nichomachean Ethics"

"Companions the creator seeks not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators the creator seeks; those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters, for everything about him is ripe to harvest."

Friedrich Nietzsche "Thus Spoke Zarathustra"

"And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and it restless or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything about you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: Wether you have lived in despair or not."

Soren Kierkegaard, "The Sickness Unto Death"

"If you can discover a better way of life than office holding for your rulers, a well governed city becomes a possibility. For only in such a state will those who rule who are truly rich, not in gold, but in the wealth that makes happiness- a good and wise life."

Plato, "The Republic"

"Man is a rope tied between beast and overman; a rope over an abyss. A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking back, a dangerous shuddering and stopping. What is great about man is that he is a bridge and not an end: what can be loved in man is that he is an overture and a going under. I love those who do not know how to live, for they are those who cross over."

Friedrich Nietzsche "Thus Spoke Zarathustra"

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

Can't remember

Sounds like what the Jedi Council tries to do... I don't know about you guys but I'd rather be a "rouge Jedi" then work for either side. The reason is that the Light Side Jedi hold their pupils back from the things that normal humans need to have ir feel (love, fear, family etc...). While the Dark Side allows the Dark Jedi to have these things while corrupting them, so I'd guess you would say that I would be like Jolee Bindo from KotOR 1. Both of those sides are to extreme for me.

The Sith seize whatever advantage leads to measurable increases in power. As Palpatine says "Your hate focusses you, makes you strong!" and he's right. Of course it's difficult to take action based on emotions where you don't have any - which is why the Sith make such lousy rulers, they either have to act emotionally about EVERYTHING they do, or else they are rather half hearted about the things they DON'T feel emotional about.

You're right about the Jedi - Obi-Wan himself says that "only a Sith deals in absolutes" but that is what the Jedi Order do, from what I've seen!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Youth and skill will always succumb to old age and treachery.

http://www.tentmaker.org/Quotes/biblequotes.htm

When you are reading a book in a dark room, and come to a difficult part, you take it to a window to get more light. So take your Bibles to Christ. --Robert Murray M'Cheyne

The Word of God is a Person. When you read it, do you see words or do you see Him? --Jacquelyn K. Heasley

The longer you read the Bible, the more you will like it; it will grow sweeter and sweeter; and the more you get into the spirit of it, the more you will get into the spirit of Christ. --Romaine

The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts.-- A. W. Tozer

The Holy Book of the living God suffers more from its exponents today than from its opponents. -Leonard Ravenhill

When you read God's Word, you must constantly be saying to yourself, "It is talking to me, and about me." --Soren Kierkegaard

Bible reading is an education in itself. --Lord Tennyson

Reading the Bible without meditating on it is like trying to eat without swallowing. --Anonymous

The Bible is a book that has been read more and examined less than any book that ever existed. --Thomas Paine

It is not at all incredible, that a book which has been so long in the possession of mankind should contain many truths as yet undiscovered. -- Bishop Butler

The letter of Scripture is a veil just as much as it is a revelation; hiding while it reveals, and yet revealing while it hides.—Andrew Jukes

Coming to the Bible through commentaries is much like looking at a landscape through garret windows, over which generations of unmolested spiders have spun their webs. --Henry Ward Beecher

There is a way of reading the Bible that seems to leave God far away, off in the shadows somewhere. It is all information and technicalities and knowledge, but it feels like you're sitting with your back towards God. You come up against a difficulty or question, and you go to books, you ask pastors, friends, strangers on the internet, anyone but Him. Gradually God gets smaller and dimmer. --Unknown

We approach Scripture with minds already formed by the mass of accepted opinions and viewpoints with which we have come into contact, in both the Church and the world.…It is easy to be unaware that it has happened; it is hard even to begin to realize how profoundly tradition in this sense has moulded us. –J.I. Packer

The Word of God well understood and religiously obeyed is the shortest route to spiritual perfection. And we must not select a few favorite passages to the exclusion of others. Nothing less than a whole Bible can make a whole Christian. --AW. Tozer

The Bible is a harp with a thousand strings. Play on one to the exclusion of its relationship to the others, and you will develop discord. Play on all of them, keeping them in their places in the divine scale, and you will hear heavenly music all the time. --William P. White

For some years now I have read through the Bible twice every year. If you picture the Bible to be a mighty tree and every word a little branch, I have shaken every one of these branches because I wanted to know what it was and what it meant. --Martin Luther

Here, then, is the real problem of our negligence. We fail in our duty to study God's Word not so much because it is difficult to understand, not so much because it is dull and boring, but because it is work. Our problem is not a lack of intelligence or a lack of passion. Our problem is that we are lazy. --R. C. Sproul

One of these days some simple soul will pick up the Book of God, read it, and believe it. Then the rest of us will be embarrassed. --Leonard Ravenhill

The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that. --Mccosh

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand. --Mark Twain

The Bible is the greatest example of the whole being greater that its parts. –Michael Phillips.

Do you wish to find out the really sublime? Repeat the Lord's Prayer. --Napolean

The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed. --Patrick Henry

Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in ever greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires, beyond the elevation and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the gospels, it will not go.—Goethe

Who decides what is right and wrong in the world? Who has the authority to define morality for all of creation? It is not the courts, congress, the media, public opinion, the "politically correct" police, the "tolerance" brigade or even the church. The only answer has been, is and always will be Jesus Christ. You can find His opinion on a great variety of subjects in His best seller... The Bible. --Jeffrey E. Ramey

You may as well quit reading and hearing the Word of God, and give it to the devil, if you do not desire to live according to it. -- Martin Luther

The word of God hidden in the heart is a stubborn voice to suppress.--Billy Graham

It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible. --George Washington

I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man. It is the best Book which God has given to man. --Abraham Lincoln

I have always said that a studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands. --Thomas Jefferson.

So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year. --John Quincy Adams

If there is anything in my thoughts or style to commend, the credit is due to my parents for instilling in me an early love of the Scriptures. --Daniel Webster

Whatever merit there is in anything that I have written is simply due to the fact that when I was a child my mother daily read me a part of the Bible and daily made me learn a part of it by heart. --John Ruskin

I am much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the scriptures do not reign paramount. --Martin Luther

The New Testament is the very best book that ever was or ever will be known in the world. --Charles Dickens

The Bible is the truest utterance that ever came by alphabetic letters from the soul of man, through which, as through a window divinely opened, all men can look into the stillness of eternity, and discern in glimpses their far-distant, long-forgotten home. --Thomas Carlyle

Sink the Bible to the bottom of the ocean, and still man's obligations to God would be unchanged. He would have the same path to tread, only his lamp and guide would be gone; the same voyage to make, but his chart and compass would be overboard! --Henry Ward Beecher

The existence of the Bible, as a book for the people, is the greatest benefit which the human race has ever experienced. Every attempt to belittle it is a crime against humanity. --Immanuel Kant

The Bible has been the Magna Charta of the poor and oppressed. The human race is not in a position to dispense with it. --Thomas Huxley

It is impossible to enslave mentally or socially a Bible-reading people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom. -- Horace Greeley

The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the way of women's emancipation. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

The Bible itself is intolerant, and true followers of God's word should be as well.-- Bob Jones III, president of Bob Jones University

Too often we see the Bible through whatever lens we get from our culture. --Brian McLaren

Spouting scripture has no magic to dispel the devil. Scripture has phenomenal power but unless you submit your mind to its inerrant truth, its power is largely lost to you. --Martha Kilpatrick

The Bible rose to the place it now occupies because it deserved to rise to that place, and not because God sent anybody with a box of tricks to prove its divine authority. --Bruce Barton

There are more sure marks of authenticity in the Bible than in any profane history.-- Sir Isaac Newton

The Bible may be the truth, but it is not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. --Samuel Butler

More than 400 errors in the first edition of the King James Bible were corrected in a subsequent edition two years later. --Neil Lightfoot, How We Got the Bible pg. 59

That God cannot lie, is no advantage to your argument, because it is no proof that priests can not, or that the Bible does not. --Thomas Paine

We are all literalists, we are all doubters. It just depends on which part of the Bible we happen to be focusing our attention. –Michael Phillips

The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it. --Napoleon

The observant man recognizes many mysteries into which he can not pretend to see, and he remembers that the world is too wide for the eye of one man. But the modern sophists are sure of everything, especially if it contradicts the Bible. --Charles Haddon Spurgeon

The Bible is a collection of fantastic legends without scientific support.-- The Communist Dictionary issued by the Soviet State Publishing

Voltaire expected that within fifty years of his lifetime there would not be one Bible in the world. His house is now a distribution center for Bibles in many languages. --Corrie Ten Boom

The value of the Old Testament may be dependant on what seems its imperfection. It may repel one use in order that we may be forced to use it in another way—to find the Word in it…to re-live, while we read, the whole Jewish experience of God’s gradual and graded self-revelation, to feel the very contentions between the Word and the human material through which it works. –C.S. Lewis

Instead of believing therefore that because the Scripture is human and has grown with men, and has marks of our weakness and death and shame upon it, therefore it must perish and see corruption, I believe that it can never perish or see corruption. I see it is human; I see that it has grown; I see it can be judged and wounded. I believe too that it has in its composition exactly so much of perishableness as Christ’s flesh had when He walked here with His apostles. But it is like Christ’s body, the peculiar tabernacle of God’s truth. And those who walk by it day and night know this, for they have seen, as all shall one day see, it transfigured. –Andrew Jukes

Odd, the way the less the Bible is read the more it is translated. --C.S. Lewis

The Bible is the written word of God, and because it is written it is confined and limited by the necessities of ink and paper and leather. The Voice of God, however, is alive and free as the sovereign God is free. 'The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.' The life is in the speaking words. God's word in the Bible can have power only because it corresponds to God's Word in the universe. It is the present Voice which makes the written word powerful. Otherwise it would lie locked in slumber within the covers of a book. --A. W. Tozer

Christ is the Word of God. It is not in certain texts written in the New Testament, valuable as they are; it is not in certain words which Jesus spoke, vast as is their preciousness; it is in the Word, which Jesus is, that the great manifestation of God is made. --Phillips Brooks

To understand the Book in real perception, it's necessary to know the Author before you read His Book. To truly KNOW Jesus as He is, we MUST know Him in experience. --Martha Kilpatrick

Knowing the Word of God does not necessarily mean that we know the God of the Word. --Chip Brogden

What we really need, after all, is not to defend the Bible but to understand it. --Millar Burrows

The Bible is to me the most precious thing in the world just because it tells me the story of Jesus.-- George MacDonald

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Great Men of God/quotes_by_pastor_jack_hyles.htm

"The best thing I can do for you is to love you." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"I'd like to close my ministry some day from behind this pulpit with one word to my people: 'OTHERS! Signed, Your Pastor.'"

"Faith is the willingness to risk anything on God." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A Christian ought to feel that when a need arises, it is his duty to fill that need." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If I and a need meet, God must have had in mind my filling it." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A man's main business is God; a woman's main business is the man." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Love is a gift of God." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A good name is what is given you by others and that which has been earned by you." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"He who cannot obey cannot command." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God does not choose those who are fit. He outfits those whom He chooses." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Nothing unites people as sharing the same affliction." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"It is easy to be grateful for a bonus; it is character to be grateful for a salary." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by old-fashioned preaching." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A friend cannot be known in prosperity. An enemy cannot be hidden in adversity." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Jesus makes you happy in reality. The world makes you happy escaping from reality." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"He Who can love as no man can love can hurt as no man can hurt." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got." - Dr. jack Hyles

"It is tragic for our God, Who gave us His Son to die on the cross, to beg us to love Him." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Too may people today ask God 'where' instead of 'what.'" - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A tribulation gives you the opportunity to test a truth you have always believed." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God never leads anyone anywhere for money." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Failure means I dared try." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There is no victory in the world any more shallow than victory over another." - Dr. jack Hyles

"Happiness is untested delight. Joy is delight tested" - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The pursuit of things robs me of investing more in the work of Christ." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"You will never really love until you love someone who hates you." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Being loved is life's second greatest blessing; loving is the greatest." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Nobody is fit to be leader unless he would rather be a follower instead of a leader." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God's mighty power comes when God's people learn to walk with God." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There is no one big will of God for your life, God has many wills for your life." - Dr. jack Hyles

"Nobody 'used to love' anyone; there is no such thing as an 'ex-friend.'" - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The man who gets ahead is the man who works while others sleep." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Just to love, that's enough; being loved, that's a bonus." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God's normal dealings with man are very quiet." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Effort, weakness, trust, victory: that's my biography." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The leader must be alone while others are with each other." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Preaching is fire in the pulpit that melts the ice in the pew." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If we prepare ourselves for life's inevitables, we will not be perplexed by life's transitions." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Success is on the same road as failure; success is just a little further down the road." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If I live for self, I can only live for one. If I live for others, I can live for 3,000,000,000." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"You express love by obedience." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"You don't get strength for the load; you get strength from the load." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There is nothing more blessed than to be used of God." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Real leaders would rather follow." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God never gives us anything to do that He does not give us the strength to do." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"I thank God that I have known hunger; I know what it is for God to feed me." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Use you work to build your people, not your people to build your work." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Greatness is in the preparation, not in the performance." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A church doesn't necessarily need space to grow; it just needs the power of God." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The difference between success and failure is work." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"We need God as much in the calm as in the storm." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Laughter means nothing unless there have been tears." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The ones who disappoint you need you the most." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There is nothing in this world so empty as getting what you want." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Until we are willing to die, we have no right to live." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Remind your mind to use His mind." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"It is not easy to lose, but often more is won in loss than victory." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Preaching is truth set on fire." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A person who has not done well the little is not prepared or qualified to do the big." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If I labor for God, I fail. If I labor with God, I succeed." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"I know enough of God to want to know more." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If I have ever loved you, I will always love you." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Let principles make decisions." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The follower is as important as the leader." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Your faith level is determined by your obedience level." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Preaching is sin's greatest adversary." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If God called us to a task, He will then qualify us for the job." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"You stay successful the same way you became successful." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"What we do today is more important than what we plan to do in the future." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"I never had a trial I wanted to have, but I never had trial I wasn't glad I had." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Leadership is made for service." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Faith is the key that unlocks all of God's cupboards." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A friend will not try to change your convictions." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A prepared person will always have his opportunity." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"To lose something in the will of God is to find something better." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Meditation is love's nourishment." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Love is a verb." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Clay is earth with humility." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Back of the clouds, the sun is always shining." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Leadership is forced on a man who is prepared but unaware." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Faith is asking. Faith is believing. Faith is doubting. Faith is stepping out anyway." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If a task is worthy of our attention, it is worthy of our best." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The reward that outdoes all others is the peace of knowing that you did right." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A request from a friend is a royal command." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"He Who can love as no man can love can hurt as no man can hurt." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Everything you declare with your lips will be tested in your life." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If you can't see His goodness, you can trust His goodness." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The best way to help those who are behind you is to heed those before you." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The greatest blessing the the whole world is being a blessing." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Life is too short not to spend it doing what God wants us to do." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Giving is the true barometer of love." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There are two ways to be rich in life: have what you want or want what you have." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"On the essentials, unity. On the nonessentials, liberty. In everything, charity." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The Christian life is a way of life." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Leadership always has to be learning." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Love is a heavenly quality that is given to prepare men to enjoy the heavenly city more." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The fire doesn't make you what you are; it reveals what you were." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The thing that God wants from us more than anything else is our dependency on Him." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Preaching is the moral conscience of a nation." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"What you are is what it takes to stop you." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Preaching is teaching with a tear in the eye." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Love is hope when reason despairs." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The wise follower will want to build strong leaders." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"It is tragic for our God, Who gave us His Son to die on the cross, to beg us to love Him." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The war is not won on the battlefield; it is won in the boot camp." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Duty and love always accompany each other." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Clay is earth with humility." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Do not ask for fears to be removed; ask for courage equal to the fears." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"When you get to the top, raise the top and climb some more." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Love is thinking." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God never gives us anything to do that He does not give us the strength to do." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Living by faith is believing that God knows what is best for me." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God does not choose those who are fit. He outfits those whom He chooses." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"If there is a secret in my life it is this: I do everything by schedule." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"My mother said, 'Son, it's the I CAN that makes a great man.'" - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Silence between friends says that one's presence is enough." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Lord, help me to preach today as if it were the last sermon I would ever preach." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"To please a friend is a welcome bonus; to help him is the great reward." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Nothing is happy until it fulfills the purpose for which it was created by God." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"How can you give up the world? Just do what you ought to do, and it will give you up." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Love is the doorway through which the human soul passes from selfishness to service." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Suffering is the strongest and closest fellowship in the world." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God won't do for you what you can do for yourself." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There is no greater joy in the Christian life than to trust Him and need no explanation." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Character comes by repetition of right until right is done subconsciously." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"The more you learn to love, the fewer people you will have to love you as you love them." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"True friendship needs no reciprocation." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"One of the most important words in the English language is "appropriate."" - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Failing is not a disgrace unless you make it the last chapter of your book." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"A tear today is an investment in a laugh tomorrow." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Make no provision for failure." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"I cannot love you as I love myself until I love God as I ought to love Him." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Faith is proving your beliefs with works." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"There is always a prepared place for a prepared person." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"You do not have to seek God's will when you are doing God's will." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Hearts are united when they ache and break together." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Faith is asking. Faith is believing. Faith is doubting. Faith is stepping out anyway." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"God's people cannot be shamed into serving God; they need to be challenged." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Happiness is untested delight. Joy is delight tested" - Dr. Jack Hyles

"You can't come back to God because He is already there." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"I can't make you love me, but you can't keep me from loving you." - Dr. Jack Hyles

http://www.gospelweb.net/InspirationalNotes/worthremembering.htm

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they don’t understand; but for me, I have always noticed that the passages that bother me are those I do understand. (Mark Twain)

The grace of God is free even to the vilest sinners; but the thrones of the Millennial Age are won by sacrifice, service, and victorious achievement. (A.B. Simpson, 1844-1919, Dawn, 1929)

Not how much of my money will I give to God, but how much of God’s money will I keep for myself....Give according to your income lest God make your income according to your giving. (Oswald J. Smith)

The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank. (Dante Rossetti)

It is better to wear out than rust out. (George Whitefield)

Back