Rabbi Yehunda

Sirius

Rabbi Yehunda was the holiest man of his age. One night he dreamed that he had died and was brought before the throne of heaven. The angel who stands before the throne said to him, "Who are you?"
"I am Rabbi Yehunda of Prague," he replied. " Tell me, my lord, if my name is written in the book of all who will share in the kingdom of heaven."
"Wait," said the angel. "I shall read the names of all who died today that are written in the book." and he read aloud the names, thousands of them. As the angel read, Rabbi Yehunda saw the spirits of all whose names had been called fly into heaven. At last the angel finished reading, and Rabbi Yehunda's name had not been called. He wept bitterly.
The angel said, "But i have called your name,"
Rabbi Yehuda said, " I did not hear it"
And the angel said, "In the book are written the names of all the people who have ever lived, for every soul is an inheritor of the kingdom of heaven. But many come here who have never heard their true names on the lips of man or angel. They have lived believing they know who they really are, but they don't know. And so when they're called to heaven by their names as who they really are, they dont recognize themselves. They don't realize that it's for them that the gates of heaven are opened. So they must wait until they know their true selves and so recognize their true names."
At this Rabbi Yehuda woke and, rising from his bed in tears, he lay prostrate on the ground and prayed, "Master of the Universe! Grant me once before i die to hear my own true name as who i really am."

Sirius said:
Rabbi Yehunda was the holiest man of his age...

JESUS IS THE WAY TO HEAVEN, not some goofy angel saying that everyone is supposed to learn their true name???

John 14:6 (MsgB)
Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me.

yes i know, but your looking at it wrong .. jesus is the way to heaven, and we are all here for a reason and we need to stay on the path with jesus and not get to full of our selfs. or something like that ...

I follow Sirius point and the layered truth in the story.

Not a bad story, it simply does not say that Jesus is the way to discover who you really are. Which is Pastor Whirl's point.

It is interesting to me that people want to sprinkle their life with Christ, like salting or peppering their meal. When it is clear that Christ demands more.

What does it mean to be born again? What does it mean to become a new creation in Christ? What does it mean to take every thought captive to the Lord Jesus Christ?

It means, in the context of the story, learning who you really are is not found inside yourself, rather in the person of Jesus Christ.

Icthus said:
I follow Sirius point and the layered truth in the story.

Not a bad story, it simply does not say that Jesus is the way to discover who you really are. Which is Pastor Whirl's point.

It is interesting to me that people want to sprinkle their life with Christ, like salting or peppering their meal. When it is clear that Christ demands more.

What does it mean to be born again? What does it mean to become a new creation in Christ? What does it mean to take every thought captive to the Lord Jesus Christ?

It means, in the context of the story, learning who you really are is not found inside yourself, rather in the person of Jesus Christ.

AMEN!!!:D :D :D :D :D

My name is Randall, my gaming name is Jeshurun and finally my name is Whitestone which is derived from Revelation 2:17. My new name will be a new name only known to me.

Back