Ragnoras

Ragnoras is the final and tenth boss in Molton Core and can only be summoned by defeating Majordomo, without killing him. In otherwords, you kill Domo's adds and he will submit to you. After that, you have two hours to make your way to this cavern and talk to Majordomo. Majordomo then summons Ragnoras, who promptly kills Domo. Then Ragnoras stays summoned for two hours.

I have 146FR unbuffed, 206 with Pally buff. The damage I was taking was because of the knockback damage. This fight is just about having enough FR and doing DPS and collapsing during the summoning of the sons. I suspect next week, we will get him to well under 50% and probably the week after he will be downed.

The Raid had been going for a long time by then. A very long time indeed. But, the good news is, we are getting better at it and faster as well. We downed all the bosses from Garr to Golemagg on the first attempts. Domo took the second attempt. With more practice, we will be able to clear the whole of MC to Rag in 5 hours easy.

As for the fire protection pots, we definatly will be using them. Goblit provides Redeemed members those potions. But it doesn't make sense to use a lot of them on the first few attempts when you know that taking him down is a dream and that you really need to be working on co-ordination. It would be nice to get some flasks for that fight as well. I know I'll be dropping tailoring here very soon and picking up Herbalism to help feed Goblit with herbs for potions.

Last edited:
I was joking about the question i asked.... doing mc as a mage will make that more than blatantly obvious to you... Klangs fire resist is at an almighty ZERO now :) ./flex

Odale said:
I was joking about the question i asked.... doing mc as a mage will make that more than blatantly obvious to you... Klangs fire resist is at an almighty ZERO now :) ./flex

Aim for a 100 it should be ok for ranged, and 150 or higher for melee. The thing with fr gear is that it gimps dps/mp/hp, unless you have the tier one set pieces from MC/epics.

Some awesome fr gear for all classes
+15 fr back that falls from emberseer in ubrs
+5 fr to back
the rings that you get for hydraxian waterlord quests has +15 fr
+10 fr from the dm trinket
That's 45 fire resist right there.

And if you have time to farm
+17fr/7intel ring from scholo (random boss in the last 6 rooms)
+5 fr to shoulders enchant (available for 10 AD valor tokens when you're revered with AD)

I watched anadi's screen when u guys were at rag (well after the 45min or so u guys spent on strats :p ). You guys will have him in the coming few weeks.

If a person doesn't have the required FR, he/she is an extra weight for the raid to be succesful. Would be a total waste of healers mana and what not.

Key is staying far apart from the next guy beside u, or enjoy the knockbacks and in some cases the swim :).

considering u're a paladin, u're most likely going to stand with the dps on the inside curve...ur aim should be 100-150 unbuffed...ofcourse, more the better but, just dont' gimp ur stats either.

Back