raser teamliquid star league (tsl)

Kralgon

is going on air in about 30 minutes at http://razertsl.teamliquid.net/ with live streams of the round of 16 matches.

this is the biggest and best organized tournament outside of south korea in recent memory, with a $10,000 prize pool, and many of the best non-korean starcraft players participating. the games yesterday were really high quality, so anyone interested in starcraft should take a look.

is going on air in about 30 minutes at http://razertsl.teamliquid.net/ with live streams of the round of 16 matches.

this is the biggest and best organized tournament outside of south korea in recent memory, with a $10,000 prize pool, and many of the best non-korean starcraft players participating. the games yesterday were really high quality, so anyone interested in starcraft should take a look.

Live streams? How and where, exactly?

stream is at http://razertsl.teamliquid.net/live (when the games are running, obviously they're done now)

quarterfinals will be sat/sun at 4:30 EST

you can download the videos (vods) from the round of 16 by clicking on "coverage" at the razer tsl website

Last edited:
I watched, The Ro8 Day 2, very awesome. :eek:

I really like IefNaij, since being the only Canadian. :cool:

I also like BRAT_OK, since also being the only Terran. :cool:

If only the Canadian was a Terran player, oh well. :rolleyes:

Say, who is your favorite, Kralgon? Or anyone else here that watches them?

I wasn't able to watch the live broadcast today because I was at graduation, so I'm waiting for the VODs to go up on the torrent tracker and avoiding all spoilers until then.

My favorite player was Dreiven, but he got knocked out yesterday. His series against Mondragon in the RO16 was one of the most impressive displays of PvZ ever. Mondragon is considered the best zerg outside of Korea, and has been the top 1-2 foreign players (the other being Draco) for years, so that upset was huge. Unfortunately, he lost to some equally impressive play by BRAT_OK.

I also really like DinOt for his hydra micro. I think it's really fun to watch, but again, I don't know yet if he advanced out of the quarterfinals because I'm waiting to watch the VODs.

I'll say that it's hard to pick favorites at this point though because everyone who's still in the tournament is so darn impressive. It's been incredibly fun to watch.

I highly recommend downloading the VODs from DinOt vs. Rondo and Mondragon vs. Dreiven from the RO16 to anyone who hasn't seen those.

Last edited:
Just watched RO8 Day 2, and it's too bad that DinOt lost. I loved how unconventional he was, and he had some crazy strats/builds that worked remarkably well. JF's storms were just too good though.

Now, I have to say either BRAT_OK or Nony. I really like watching good terrans even though I'm a protoss player myself, and he's already knocked off some strong players, including taking a BO3 off of Nony in the group stages. I also like Nony because his mechanics are rock solid and he executes everything to perfection. It's remarkable watching him play. Plus, he's a really funny guy on teamliquid.net, so I've got to cheer for him.

But then again, Draco is a former pro and has consistently placed at the top of foreign tournaments for years now, and JF also is really strong with his reavers.

Just watched RO8 Day 2, and it's too bad that DinOt lost. I loved how unconventional he was, and he had some crazy strats/builds that worked remarkably well. JF's storms were just too good though.

Now, I have to say either BRAT_OK or Nony. I really like watching good terrans even though I'm a protoss player myself, and he's already knocked off some strong players, including taking a BO3 off of Nony in the group stages. I also like Nony because his mechanics are rock solid and he executes everything to perfection. It's remarkable watching him play. Plus, he's a really funny guy on teamliquid.net, so I've got to cheer for him.

But then again, Draco is a former pro and has consistently placed at the top of foreign tournaments for years now, and JF also is really strong with his reavers.

The Commentators and I were surprised with DinOt's win with JF.
Dropped with Hydras at his Main base, very nice.

I like BRAT_OK first win with Haypro, made a bunker at his expansion and blocked his zlings with a partial depot, WOW!

Its gonna be interesting now, 3 Protoss and 1 Terran. Oddly, Draco hasn't played a Zerg player. He seems lucky since there are no Zerg players now.

The Commentators and I were surprised with DinOt's win with JF.
Dropped with Hydras at his Main base, very nice.

I like BRAT_OK first win with Haypro, made a bunker at his expansion and blocked his zlings with a partial depot, WOW!

Its gonna be interesting now, 3 Protoss and 1 Terran. Oddly, Draco hasn't played a Zerg player. He seems lucky since there are no Zerg players now.

Yeah, the build he used on Wuthering was really, really creative. So crazy that it worked. I loved watching that game a lot.

The depot block by BRAT_OK was awesome too. That one totally shocked me, and I was jumping out of my seat as it happened.

PvZ is supposed to be one of Draco's better matchups, so I'm not sure he's really all that lucky he hasn't faced a zerg.

AHHHH...insane!

Wow, Draco is extremely great as Protoss.

On the 2nd match, I though NonY had him with that good main rush. And again with that HT drop at his 2nd base. When I saw it drop then load and run, I was confused until 1 of the commentators said he didn't research STORM! Ahh..man, big downfall...LOL.

Next match is gonna be even greater, 2 of my favorites battling each other!

Doesn't matter which of those 2 win, as long as 1 of them beats Draco! :D

Draco really impressed me. Wanting Nony to win, it was extremely painful to watch these games. I felt like Nony had a good chance of winning all three, but he made a couple mistakes in all of them, and Draco capitalized on them.

Whenever Nony had an advantage, he tried to push it and ended up giving the game back to Draco. Whenever Draco had an advantage, he sat back and let his incredible macro with his economy multiply that advantage.

I think that's a pretty big starcraft lesson in it of itself! Draco is just ruthless though. Once he gets an advantage, the game is pretty much over.

I saw the match with BRAT_OK vs Dreiven, BRAT_OK was a real killer Vs Protoss, I never thought Terran could beat Protoss.

His Tank Push was very cool, closer and closer, hitting Dreiven's expansion, then his other, then his main, wow.

If BRAT_OK makes it to the finals, its gonna be a such a killer match!

The Russian Terran. :D

Oh WOW, such a tough match.

They were 2 - 2, real intense.

Looks like IefNaij Vs Draco for 1st.

And BRAT_OK Vs Nony for 3rd.

Can't wait to see it, YAH!!!!

Yeah, that was a great series. The consolation game and the finals next week are going to be awesome.

I thought BRAT could've won game 5 if instead of running into JF's main, he had kept mining the narrow choke between the main and natural and just completely wiped out the natural. I think he lost the game when he went for the kill instead.

I missed the live event but I saw the videos this morning.

Very cool, BRAT_OK at 3rd and IefNaij at 1st! A Canadian winner, WHOO!

Good games, I hope to see more of it when it comes.

Back