Real Life Conflicts

shadetaker

Tribe of Judah Lead Recruiter
First off, some of you may have noticed that I have hardly been around for the last month. I would like to apoligize for that, it's been a very busy time for me, I've been out of town a lot, and there have been times when real life has had to take priority.

That said, I am finding myself torn between attending guild activities and attending social activities in real life. This is especially true given that I leave for college soon and only have the next month and a half to be with my friends. A large part of the problem is that MC is on firday nights, which tend to be a kind of social prime time as well. Am I the only one having this problem? I want to come, I really do, but I just can't bring myself to sacrifice the time that would otherwise be spent with my real life freinds.

Is there any consideration of rescheduling the friday night raid? Maybe to tuesday night or something? I can't be the only one who would like to have their friday nights, and perhaps to a lesser extent, saturday afternoons free without feeling guilty for not raiding. Please discuss.

The thing is, regardless of the day, some people will not be able to make it. Changing it to Tuesday will have an unknown affect. New people will be able to make it, and some regulars who have been working hard for the last 5 weeks may not be able to make it.

I wish everybody could make it regardless of what day it was scheduled, but then if that was the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we?

shadetaker said:
First off, some of you may have noticed that I have hardly been around for the last month. I would like to apoligize for that, it's been a very busy time for me, I've been out of town a lot, and there have been times when real life has had to take priority.

That said, I am finding myself torn between attending guild activities and attending social activities in real life. This is especially true given that I leave for college soon and only have the next month and a half to be with my friends. A large part of the problem is that MC is on firday nights, which tend to be a kind of social prime time as well. Am I the only one having this problem? I want to come, I really do, but I just can't bring myself to sacrifice the time that would otherwise be spent with my real life freinds.

Is there any consideration of rescheduling the friday night raid? Maybe to tuesday night or something? I can't be the only one who would like to have their friday nights, and perhaps to a lesser extent, saturday afternoons free without feeling guilty for not raiding. Please discuss.

As a long time member of Redeemed and a person who has put countless hours into MC, I can completely understand. I am one of 2 "uber" priest in the guild and I cannot make either Friday or Saturday. It really has been difficult for me, but I cannot change it.

That being said, your high school friends are incredibly important. I think you are doing the absolute best thing hanging with them. This time in your life will only last another 6 to 8 weeks, but you will remember it always. Hang with them and remember it always.

Just to add an additional perspective to this the Friday night and saturday raids are the only time that I could participate. My work schedule prevents me from the latenight runs (working at 7am) Sunday - Thursday night.

However that being said is there a reason we could not work another raid into the mix? ZG or AQ would be prime examples. Just a thought from a raid N00b. :)

There is ZG raid, and Onyxia raid scheduled for midweek :) Goblit

Last edited by a moderator:
Its summer.....the time for hanging out. If you are lucky enough to not have to work this summer then enjoy.....it won't happen much longer. That is one of the best parts of being young if I remember correctly.

Unfortunately there are still some of us who have to work Monday - Friday and for them the raid time is perfect. Hopefully we will have it down to one night in a couple months once the team starts gearing up.

See you in the fall!

Back