Refining the Minion Factory

dorkelf

I'd like to open up a discussion about developing and refining this build we've been using, starting with this thought: It seems to me that the whole trick for our minion army build is to hold off the opposing team long enough to build a good army, and to pick just the right time to head out of our base. We almost ALWAYS lose when the opposing team blitzkriegs us. But when they are defensive and stay around the flag staff waiting for us, they're usually in for a surprise. To refine our effectiveness, I think we really need to nail down some hard figures on how much of an army we need to build up before heading out of the gate, and we probably should develop a plan for when and where to regroup it when taking losses. We might also have a specific strategy for what to do when the opposing team is aggressive. Any ideas there?

Also - I can only recall one time our minion group came across another with a similar strategy. It seemed though that they were far more aggressive than we were. Any thoughts about that?

Paul

Maybe if we went out the back door we would do better. More time to make minions and such and we can kill their footmen fast!!

MaidMirawyn said:
Isn't there somewhere we can practice for GvG? That's a high-pressure way to learn a strategy!

I think we can form all-guild grups and do regular PvP matches...

Never done this myself, though. I'd like to learn a bit. I always get frustrated with it when I try to tag along.

I think we can form all-guild grups and do regular PvP matches...

Thats sounds like an awesome idea. I think the're three things we need to worry about for this build

1. Damage
2. hexes
3. Communication

I find when we do these builds that the other teams just simply runs away from us. This is where we either need to hit them hard or hex the crap-o-la out of them! Couses them to slow down then hit them with the minions. Also with TS we should practice our cumminication techniques.

one2dredd said:
Maybe if we went out the back door we would do better. More time to make minions and such and we can kill their footmen fast!!

I agree. Here's the strategy that comes to mind for me: We could try sending just the mm, rezmer and sac to the back door along with the guild thief, and the rest of the group could rush the flag post right away. This would give us a chance to control the flag post and maybe pick off a few weak opposing characters while the minion factory gets up to speed. If we get slaughtered and the opposing group rushes right into our base, the mm group could turn right around and head up to the guild lord, soon to be joined by rezzing party members. Otherwise they come along the back way and join us in taking out any npcs that may be in front of the enemy base, and we rush right in from there.

Paul

I think what we may have to do is simply make them cautious.

Two ways of doing this: first, if we can come up with a five man arrangement that can quickly pick off two players (4 Earth eles with Obsidian Flame and Crystal Wave plus a Protection monk to bond them may work), they will be forced to wait at least a couple of minutes. They may also think, wrongly, that we somehow only brought five members into a GvG.

If we can pick off two players or more, most likely they will wait at the flag stand so they have numbers again.

The other way is to simply have EVERYONE hang back and make no effort to take the stand. How much time does the factory need before being ready to go? 8-10 minutes? If the fatory hangs back by the Lord, and we make no real effort to take/hold the flag stand, we can wait for them to charge us and then enlist the help of our NPC archers and footmen to hold them off for at least that long. 10% morale boost shouldn't matter much if we can generate 25 or so minions.

i think having everyone wait would be a good idea because if we wait we have better chance of taking out some of them. plus we will have enough firepower to make our way to the flag stand and recapture it.

I think one thing that would help very much is if we had a focus for the other five players besides the saccer, rezzer, and MM.

With two monks that leaves us three people to do something with, four if we involve the Rezzmer.

Very true. I think if the other players were to focus on their monks and keep them from healing the minions are all the more powerfull!!

Maybe we have 2 saccers, rezmers, and MMs? The other two characters could be Ranger trappers intending to simply slow the other teams advance? Then we would have enough minions at the 4 minute mark rather than the 8 minute mark.

Unless we want the Rezzmers to double as healers/protectors, then the two slots left using a double MM build would be for Monks.

And if we run into a team with Edge of Extinction, we're doubly...ah...out of luck.

Agreed, having those last 2 spots as anything but monks would be suicidal, rezmers have too much to do just rezzing to be much good at monking.

Mainly, I'm of the opinion that the 2-4 group members who aren't monk, MM, or rezmer should be interrupters or other support classes. With the minions around extra damage dealers aren't especially useful, but those involved in the minion producing need to be protected more then anything else. I think rangers who drop spirits (and some traps) and bring pets might be very helpful, because they'd be a tempting target for the enemy and would thus make the minions and factory more effective.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
What about a lone less than level 20 whammo and a healer henchman?

Basically, the idea being that someone was really that dumb as to bring just a henchie into a GvG battle. The other team might have mercy on the poor soul and let him live for a while, explain how GvG works, then after befriending the other team, he slaughters them with 65 minions.

How awesome would that be?

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
What about a lone less than level 20 whammo and a healer henchman?

Basically, the idea being that someone was really that dumb as to bring just a henchie into a GvG battle. The other team might have mercy on the poor soul and let him live for a while, explain how GvG works, then after befriending the other team, he slaughters them with 65 minions.

How awesome would that be?

Lol! Very creative el capitan, and that would be so funny if it worked...but still I suspect any decent team would send scouts around just in case.

Paul

Also, I think the saccer would key them off. They get faction points the first time the saccer dies and may get XP on each death too.

At first they do but after a second death I think you stop getting XP also we won 3 in a row with a more balanced build with 2 to 3 monks healing/protection and a Minion Master and just kill one or two of them and the minions start making up the difference!!

Our build last night wasnt very complicated and we still did fairly good. There were times when they came pretty close to our base though...

Back