resto shammy question

Wend

The Forgiven Guild Leader
okay..I went to elitist jerk..read their resto shammy stuff and went to respec dranoe

After respeccing for their 16/55 build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xxIZx0euIxoxkrIRt:0Lscmz I got to wondering why they chose to put 3 talents in healing focus (prevents knockback) instead of putting it in totemic focus (reduce mana cost of totems) or healing way (increases healing wave amount by 18%). I've always avoided taking talents that mitigate damage as a healer because I try to assume that I'll never get aggro....I know that as a shammy you can't slough the aggro but aren't those somewhat "wasted" talents???

Damage can come from more sources than mobs attacking you, altho that can happen if a fight is going south. Many bosses have aoe effects, or damage auras (think Sapphiron, altho i'm not sure if this causes spell pushback).

Generally speaking, resto shamans have lots of mana/regen, so slightly more expensive totems aren't a huge deal. Remember, when picking talents to consider not only whether a talent is useful, but also consider what talents you won't be able to pick if you pick this one. Cheaper totems are nice, but there's likely something else that would give you a better benefit.

If you feel that you won't have to worry too much about spell pushback, go for the Healing Way. Do you find that you use Healing Wave a lot?

Here's my build: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Terenas&cn=Speculaas&gn=The+Forgiven. Elemental Weapons in the Enhance tree is nice until your spellpower is up around 2000. It helps boost your Earthliving Weapon, but it doesn't scale well with spellpower, so I swapped it over to Healing Way once I got more spellpower.

I did not choose Ancestral Healing mainly because at this level in the game, tanks already have a LOT of armor, and an additional 25% armor doesn't actually increase their mitigation by all that much. After 3.2 the buff that procs will be changed to mitigate 10% of incoming physical damage; I will probably take it then.

You can click on the link below to my spec.

With the changes to resto shamans, I dropped Healing Grace because I am rarely, if ever, above threat on any of the tanks. I have specced into both Ancestral Healing because of the 10% damage reduction and Healing Way because it is a flat +healing percent rather than a buff having to be applied three times to get the max amount.

I really haven't ever noticed my casting times suffering in any of the instances to make me want Healing Focus. I always looked at it as a PvP option and had it when I was doing a lot of PvP.

Back