Retribution viable raid spec after 2.3?

Plankeye

Retribution spec'd pallies getting some love for 2.3. Besides the DPS enhancements they are now getting a passive threat reduction.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2366553374&postId=23663518766&sid=1#0

After further patch testing and some serious discussion, we've decided to add threat reduction deep in the paladin's retribution tree. As a result, fanaticism will now reduce threat caused by all actions by 6/12/18/24/30%, in addition to its current effect of course.

So the question will be if they will actually be a viable DPS addition with their new abilities and greater threat reduction?

Personally, I can't wait to see the DPS of Proudfoot or someone like Niffty is after the patch. Being a pally tank, I love having a ret pally in my group. Ret pallies passively through their aura and actively through improved SoTC increase my threat which in turn increases the entire group/raids potential dps. So do shamans by the way, and not the melee totems but the spell damage totem. That totem alone adds 60 tps.

all pallies are getting improved SoTC in 2.3 too, its getting built into the original spell

Back