Rogue Talent changes review previewed

Avesther

Linky here

I'm thinking of dropping Avesther and going back to Bannard. If I can't one shot people in BWL\AQ40 gear, I'll be able to stunlock them and get to do more damage by doing so.

Rogues are getting treated like gold in the up coming patch. Even more so, I am of the conviction that the crowd control diminishing return timer should be attached to the toon versus the skill. ie...if you are afflicted by any kind of CC, you can not be afflicted by another for 30 seconds.

Rogues were already the most powerful and versatile class in the game. I have a 60 rogue, I know what I'm talking about. The problem with the "rogue" is almost always with the player. They get used to two or three shotting clothies that they whine the moment they have to work on any class not wearing cloth armor.

Rolling a priest taught me how good the rogue truly had it. And boy do they have it good. If intellect or spirit gave the caster what Agility\Strength gave the rogue, then there would be some equality. But the stats are not comparable at all. Intellect gives only a small boost to chance to crit with spell, but once a caster runs out of mana, the caster is dead. Every couple of ticks, the rogue has enough energy to do another move. It can take 10 or more seconds for a caster to get enough mana to cast a 2.5 second damaging spell. So casters rely on +damage gear to up their damage output. But getting +damage gear always comes at an expense: Less mana and less life. It would equate to for rogues, if you want +20 agility something, you would have to give up 15 health and 50AP. Rogues wouldn't stand for it, but casters are forced to deal with it.

I always loved the arguement: But priests heal. Of course I can, but if I'm spending mana healing myself, I'm not attacking you. But you are attacking me while I'm healing. So first, you get a bunch of free hits. A rogue can take a 1.5 second healing spell and make it 2.5 second, completely negating the healing spell totally. I know on my rogue I could dish out 400dps easy. My average healing per second when fighting a rogue is 400hps. Sorry, the two negate each other and when I run out of mana, my healing goes to 0hps while you maintain 400dps. Of course, you could always stun a caster, make any spell come to a complete halt. And when you stun a caster, you can still do damage. Damage does not break kidney or cheap shot. So you get more free damage. Sure, gouge and blind breaks on damage, but they also give you a few seconds to bandage yourself, so you get free healing with out being hit. A priest doesn't even get that courtesy.

Of course casters have crowd control, and now with the new mechanics, our CC breaks way to early and too often. And this brings us back to making all CC equal by making it so that if you are affected by any type of CC, you can not be CCed again at all by anybody for the next 30 seconds.

Rogues are getting buffed when they were completely fine to begin with.

Eh, as a paladin I'll have to apologize for a bit about that, aves...

but I think rogues are getting buffed because blizzard has seen videos of a single paladin soloing 4-5 nub level 60 rogues, making them go "ACK! BUFF ROGUES!!"

I have MAJOR beef with vanish. It needs to be a subtlety sill, towards the bottom of the tree. It needs a longer cool down, then we'll talk about getting out of hunters mark. If blizzard buffs them too much like they did with hunters a few patches ago, they will be corrected soon (thats the way it usually goes).

ROFL i love wht blizzard is doing to my rogue cause i've never been really good with PvP only problem is now im gonna have to respec again GG

Rogues can disspell hunter's mark?! Noooo! FTL. Then I should be able to feign, without horde toons being able to still target my body. Just my humble thoughts. Maybe someday when hunter talents are reviewed.

I disagree. I'm quite dissatisfied with the changes in patch 1.12. There isn't a change in 1.12 that I'm looking foward to. As a dagger rogue (21/8/22), patch 1.12 has little influence on my spec and playstyle. I still have to spec in all three trees to make backstab/ambush effective, there aren't any eyepopping talents that I wanna get. The ones that seem semi useful- imp sprint, impkidney shot, etc, all have potential but where will the talent points come from? I'm sure hemo rogues are quite happy with the upcoming patch however dagger and combat rogues are left in the dust.

Priest>Rogue. They're the only class I run from in BGs. For good reasons as well.
PW:S. =[ shield. absorbs ~ one backstab crit worth of damage.
SW:p. Ouch. Dot+Run.
Face Melt. Ouch. Dot+Run+Face Melt
Fear. Makes me run away giving them time to heal, dps wat not.
Heals. Fear+heal.

PW:S, you say 1 backstab crit, ehh, your energy regens really fast. True, however, I'm also using energy constantly to knock the priest's health down. Also, I'd like to save 25 energy to kick his heals.

SW:p. This dot hurts. alot. I can't bandage effectively with this dot on and most priests will keep this dot on you. It also limits the use of my vanish. If I choose to vanish with this dot on, I have to use an openner immediately or else it's wasted because this dot will bring me out of stealth.

Face Melting (Mindflay): Yes, I know you have to spec for it. It hurts, and it makes my run back to the priest after being feared a lot longer than it has to be.

Fear: Yes, I can trinket out of it but the PvP trinket is on a 5 min cooldown while fear is on a 30 sec (24 with talents) cd. Trinketing out of fear gives the rogue 30 sec/24 sec to drop the priest's health from 100% to 0%. If a priest gets his second fear off, it's gg for the rogue. Priestly dps is amazing and when left unbothered, a priest can take out most of a rogue's health during the ~8 sec of fear. Fear also gives the priest a chance to heal. Also, it puts distance between the attacker and the priest allowing the priest to redot+run.

Mana is a problem for any caster during PvP, especially 1v1 fights, a priest will have more than enough mana to kill a rogue.

what is gg? good grief?

rogues do need a nerf. ive always thought they were too much. i cant believe they are getting more buffs.
im building mine up now and they do have it pretty good. even better than i thought. forutnally for me i was already going sub so the new change will help me out alot. all i had before + some.

Cammandus said:
what is gg? good grief?

rogues do need a nerf. ive always thought they were too much. i cant believe they are getting more buffs.
im building mine up now and they do have it pretty good. even better than i thought. forutnally for me i was already going sub so the new change will help me out alot. all i had before + some.

Rogues are fine 1-59. Hit 60, then tell me what you think ;)

gg= good game.

Back