Rogues Unite! - Post your build

tomfoolery_79

I rolled a rogue to lvl 16 in beta. For release, I'm all but certain I'm playing a rogue. The only way I don't is if our guild is overly stacked with rogues or the server in general is rogue heavy (which I'm hearing they were in beta).

I played a Nightblade, but the follow build is NOT what I played, so I'm looking for feedback. This is in no way locked in and may change up entirely. The one thing that is certain is the Nightblade tree, so let me know. I choose the blade dancer tree for +dodge, hit and dexterity. The riftstalker so that I'm not so squishy and the +attack power.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MVip.E0b.iItRMoMR0s.Ecxb

Also please post your own builds and thoughts on them.

Well we used pretty much the exact same build. So yeah... High five for great minds thinking alike.

Did you actually play it though, because I didn't? How did you like it? Strengths? Weaknesses? I'm so pumped for Thursday!!!

Last edited:
The build was pretty good, I missed with dropping the Bladedancer for Saboteur (packs more of a punch in the dex and ap side) didn't go so well. Dancer is pretty much essential for any sort of offensive rogue type.

I didn't do a whole focused testing but I did notice that some of the abilities did overlap, so be careful where you put points in what and what abilities you use.

Love bladedancer, but torn. Probably going to roll a cleric.

I am going warrior but after seeing how nicely a cleric tanks, that had me thinking, of course i was really not expecting to like mage as much as I did on my 26 pyro, and you know bard was my toon in eq1 and I really miss that guy, would love to play a bard again....OH NOES I don't know what to play and launch is in 2 days!

Oh yeah on topic, there was a rogue in our instance run that I was paying close attention too, she was blowing me away on the dmg charts (rift junkies combat parser) and I was going AoE and spamming as fast as I could. I asked what spec and she said, mostly riftstalker so yeah that's all I know about rogues from experience, but man that rift could put out some deeps in a group.

Back