RP PVP Server - Stirring the Water

corinalbria

Hey all,

Just wanted to stir the water a little bit. Blizzard has been mentioning the creation of RP PVP servers coming in the future. For me at least, that's the kind of server I prefer - probably a lingering feeling from playing on Percival with KotT in DAoC. I want to keep the PvP aspect of the gameplay, but I've found that having the RP aspect (if it is enforced) lends to a generally more mature community and rewarding game experience. This was true in DAoC in the Percival and Guinevere servers.

Obviously, if they don't do character copy, it probably isn't very feasible to move over there. Even if they don't do charcopy, I do think that I will start some Horde chars if/when ever they open these up.

As an aside, I've enjoyed being in community with y'all even if I'm not around that much due to RL. Even so, whenever I'm on I'm encouraged ^^.

God bless

RP pwnzors normal servers yo

Translation: My dear guildmates, role-playing servers are significantly more enjoyable than are normal servers.

I played a bit on an RP server in WoW, and it was very enjoyable. You tend to find more mature players there, generally speaking.

yep bled and i will be considering playing there even if we cant copy over. I love rp servers. Got a lvl 10 human priest on shadow council and im having a blast. If they enforce the rp im sure it will be fun soon as the non rp curious people leave heheh

I play on RP servers mostly (Argent Dawn for Allliance and Shadow Council for Horde). The maturity of the community is indeed much better than that of regular servers. The RP itself goes a long way in extending and enhancing the WoW experience.

As for the PvP RP server; I doubt you will see a whole lot of RPing or maturity on it, but I'm interested in giving it a try.

If they did character copy versus character move, I'd be willing to try. Starting another character is just not feasable for me. And RP, I don't know, I think I'd be kicked off in ten seconds flat because I simple don't know and understand the rules of RP. I read the RP WoW forums and after 12 hours, I bought the nearest Advil plant to supply my pain relief needs from trying to figure all that in character, out of character stuff.

its not that hard really. you just try to think up a back story for your character and play him based on that...no talk about last nights news, or your uber characters in diablo or all that L33T speak. (unless perhaps your from another planet hehe.) For anyone interested currently im playing a lvl 14 priest on Shadow Council. Her back story is she was raised as an orphan in Stormwind (notice before the edit I said camelot..what a way to mix up my games) and sent to Northshire abbey to complete her learning where she met Sir Bledie who also was training in the abbey. Now they have left the abbey to minister to their alliance mates and help defend against the scourge of the horde who are leading their people astray. Its lots of fun and you dont have people fighting over loot or condemning you for the way you spec your character. At least not out of character anyway lol. So if any get bored and want to come check it out send me a tell as thats prolly where i will be spending most of my time till the new server is released.

Last edited:
ooh Maxx what guild are you in on the horde side and whose your character? I was thinking of starting an undead mage or warlock in the near future just to try that side out for rp.

I've never played rp but tried it once and had no clue what was going on heheh...

just wondering how do they communicate in instances and stuff?

.seek.

I think seeker maybe asking do you say "bok please" or "please bless me as you would a king" if you wanted Blessing of Kings from your palidan. I would assume the latter would be the more appropriate RP response? Obviously when in general chat RP'ing a character make sense but do you do the same in instances/groups? It seems a lot more tedious to say "They are attacking from behind, quick someone do something" then just "poly add".

in the groups i have been in it depends on your group or guild etc. Public channels are usually expected to stay IC. But group/guild/personal chats its all up to the individuals and normally ooc is accepted. Ive notice the guilds on the server have a sub description. They consider themselves light, medium, or heavy rp which lets people know ahead of time just how much rp new members should expect to see in the guild before they join. Some of the more creative ones actually have macros set up for reaccuring situations such as adds, pulling, or buffs expiring.

The way I've usually seen it in the rp guilds I've been in, public channels and local chat (whether yells or normal speech) are expected to be in character. Guild and group chat is a little more lax, depending on the group. Generally, I prefer light to medium rp - trying to do everything in character makes my head hurt.

Generally accepted RP Rules are simple.

Don't make an unrealistic or stupid name, like Bigorc or Cuteprincess.

Make up a backstory for you character. It doesn't have to be complex, just something to define his or her personality.

Define the personality. Are you a snappy, mean rogue, a strong honorable shaman, an enigmatic Night Elf priest? This has to do a lot with backstory, and don't feel limited by the race and class you play. You can be an evil shaman, a holy Undead priest, an honorable rogue, so long as it has a reasonable explanation.

Then, just act in character. The more you do it the easier it becomes. You don't always have to avoid game acronyms and terminology when in an instance or raid, only hardcore RPers attempt that. Just make sure you are IC in /say , /yell, and /guild (if that is the guild rule.

One last thing, try to use proper grammer and spelling. It's extremely aggravating to other players when you tlak liek this 2 other ppl when they're roleplaying.

Jazmina, I am joining a community (http://www.wowguru.com/tfi/) for keeping RP alive on this server (which will be quite a feat to pull off in a PvP enviroment). I will most like be an Undead Mage named Malice.

Back