Scientists create gas 100 times hotter than the sun

Article said:
Sandia consultant Malcolm Haines theorizes that some unknown energy source is involved, which is providing the machine with an extra jolt of energy just as the plasma ions are beginning to slow down.

Sounds like diabolical aliens to me.

That somehow sounds really, really scary to me.

Imagine if one of the scientists makes a mistake, or the machine malfunctions.

The technology isn't what's scary, it's that the scientists don't even know how to use it, or what it does, or how it does it.

My only question is if this is the hottest temp they have ever seen then how did they make a temp sensor to measure it? What do they have to calibrate the sensor to make sure it's correct?

Whon said:
My only question is if this is the hottest temp they have ever seen then how did they make a temp sensor to measure it? What do they have to calibrate the sensor to make sure it's correct?

Guesstimation at its finest...for the scientists that is. I hope Doc Oc's arms can hold the fields together!

That somehow sounds really, really scary to me.

Imagine if one of the scientists makes a mistake, or the machine malfunctions.

The technology isn't what's scary, it's that the scientists don't even know how to use it, or what it does, or how it does it.
no worries, its just New Mexico. If something goes wrong and it blows out of control, it'll only melt the desert sand dunes into glass dunes :rolleyes:

Master~Plan said:
no worries, its just New Mexico. If something goes wrong and it blows out of control, it'll only melt the desert sand dunes into glass dunes :rolleyes:
Right before causing a chain reaction that will unravel the very fabric of space and time and destroy the universe! :D

Last edited:
Found a link to a cool picture of this machinery at work.

Astronomy Picture of the Day

My question is this...If they can create 80 times the worlds entire electrical power usage in one blast of this machine, why do we have an energy crisis brewing? Is there no way to harness this stuff and make it usable? But then again Big Oil would be out of a job if that happened now wouldnt they.

Arkanjel said:
Found a link to a cool picture of this machinery at work.

Astronomy Picture of the Day

My question is this...If they can create 80 times the worlds entire electrical power usage in one blast of this machine, why do we have an energy crisis brewing? Is there no way to harness this stuff and make it usable? But then again Big Oil would be out of a job if that happened now wouldnt they.

It's all about the money.

I honestly think we have a ton of different energy ideas that work quite well, that are simply kept under wraps because they would seriously undermine the world's economy.

Back