Semi-Annual Cape Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
That's right, as our tradition in SoE/SOE goes, we change our cape twice a year per a design created by one of our members and posted here. It is time for the December 2008 cape contest!

How to enter
Please pay a visit to a guild emblemer in any major city or one of the guild halls to browse the different patterns and colors. Please take a screenshot of your design, or paired designs (one for [SoE], one for [SOE]). You can post your screenshot(s) either here or on a photo hosting site such as photobucket, imageshack or flickr and link to it from your post.

For your entry post on this thread, you MUST include:
  • A screenshot of or a link to your design or complementary designs
  • Any description of the theme or meaning of the design that you wish to share
  • Your in-game character name
  • Your in-game guild

Our guests from other guilds who visit our forums are welcome to post their design here as well, including the information above. However, the designs from those who are not [SoE]/[SOE] members will not be considered in the selection of finalists, but may be used by members as inspiration for their own designs.

Prizes
Each of the three finalists will receive a prize of their choice: 2 Zaishen Keys or 4 Lockpicks or 100 Glacial Stones (enough for Glacial Guantlets). (approximate value of 10 platinum)

The designer of the winning cape design will receive the honor of having their design adorn our guild capes for the next six months. Additionally, they will receive (per the general consensus on the thread discussing potential prizes) Destroyer Cores (quantity to be determined, targeting a minimum of 50, but you will need 250 for Destroyer Guantlets). Any donations to increase the quantity of the prize will be gladly accepted. I will schedule an event or two to farm a few more as well.

Important Dates
  • December 7 - Cape contest begins
  • December 12 - If there are not at least 10 entries by this date, actions will be taken to get your attention in-game (anyone remember the pink capes?) until there are at least 12 entries.
  • December 19 - I will close this thread to entries no sooner than 11pm eastern. All entries made before the thread is closed will be reviewed.
  • December 24 - Finalists will be announced no later than Midnight Eastern. A poll thread will be posted to allow voting to begin.
  • December 31 - Poll thread will close.
  • January 1, 2009 - New cape(s) will be implemented in game and be used through June 30, 2009

Rules
  • Only entries from current members, including officers, of [SoE]/[SOE] will be considered in the selection of finalists.
  • Only one entry allowed per member. Only the latest design posted on this thread by each member will be evaluated.
  • Each officer will select their 3 favorite designs from this submission thread. The three designs with the most picks by the officers will be our finalists, but the totals will not be shared publically.
  • Any ties in the selection of the finalists or winner will be broken by the Guild Leader.
  • No officer may select their own design in the selection of the finalists, but may vote for their own in the poll, if selected.
  • The winner will be selected on the forums in a poll thread per the dates above.
  • Any design name and description of the theme of the cape will be included on the poll thread.
  • Any updates or clarifications will be editted into this initial post.

Ooooh. O_O Sounds like fun. I should definitely try to come up with something.
Have you done this every year DZ? (Or half year...)

Every June and December. Please do post something. We didn't get many entries initially in June, so I changed the cape to pink to get people's attention. It worked pretty good too, we got several entries on the first day. I really don't want to have to do that again, so this time, I opened the contest to officers, but I still want to see a lot of entries, the more the better!

• December 12 - If there are not at least 10 entries by this date, actions will be taken to get your attention in-game (anyone remember the pink capes?) until there are at least 12 entries.

Attention everyone, It's almost December 12! I'll give you until tomorrow evening, but I'm already thinking about interesting color combinations instead of pink. I'm thinking purple with the pig logo in green, hmm, what other odd things can my 5yr old come up with?

Last edited:
Attention everyone, It's almost December 12! I'll give you until tomorrow evening, but I'm already thinking about interesting color combinations instead of pink. I'm thinking purple with the pig logo in green, hmm, what other odd things can my 5yr old come up with?

CLARIFICATION NOTE:

At time of post, Derk is in Thursday, while normal people like me are still in Wednesday. You have till Friday night before things get crazy.

that is all..

1 Corinthians 12
Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.-Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

From Kel Queen of all Europe

I think the torn cape in lime green with brown on the symbol (and since I haven't seen the symbols since the previous contest, I don't know what's been added... use a stupid symbol that really brings out the brown).

2 designs so far... Time is running short and we still need 8 more by tonight!

I have received a suggestion from another alliance member with pink and blue with flowers. I'll be considering it tonight. I'll check again before midnight eastern and change the capes, if needed ;)

Cape

capedesign.jpg

Justice the Hero [SOE]

Last edited:
Here is my entry. :)

attachment.php

Isaiah 59:17
He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak.

Valora Maris (SoE)

Last edited:
I've done this design for a couple years now, with slight variations. But the concept is the same. Crown of Thorns. In past years I've had it more elaborate, but I think something simple this time. I chose the red at top just cause I like red, and red=blood, blood=Salvation, Salvation=Jesus ;). I was debating back and forth between a torn and worn edge symbolizing Christ' body that was broken for us, but Jesus isn't broken anymore, he rose from the dead and is whole again. That's why I chose a solid edge.

Last edited:
hmm, 9, I guess I'll hold off for now. Maybe I'll post my own design in the morning to make 10 if I have time before we leave for a couple of family gatherings.

Thank you to everyone who posted a design though. It makes the decision tougher, but it's a good problem to have.

Last edited:
I know I am not that active of a player but I love the cape contests!
Gwendolyn Ablaze/Sydney Ablaze [SoE]
ScreenShot2004-1.jpg

"The Tree of Life" Cape Design​

Last edited:
OK, this is similar to one I made a LONG time ago, but I'll propose it again :)

Loew Krug [SoE]

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:19a (New International Version)

anchorcapedec08te6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back