Server lag

Flamethrøwer

Has this been a problem for anyone else? I get bad spikes regularly.

Nothing makes you want to log off for the day quite like spending half an hour collecting obsidian/gold/diamond/iron, then hitting a lag spike just as you mine next to lava.

Lost everything I had on me - all my collected items, plus diamond pick, diamond sword, diamond shovel.

/sigh

Were you in the Caverns of Unspeakable Horrors and Wonderment when you died? I just named it that but I'm not sure the sign will be big enough.

Sorry, just re-read this and it sounds a lot more harsh and accusing than I meant it to sound. I was just frustrated when I wrote it. The server's been great so far!

And yes, I believe I was in there. The one we found with all the natural obsidian...

I don't need lag to fall in lava and lose all my stuff...I have skill lol. There's some thing with luck that once I get a certain amount of diamonds or alot of iron or something, I think to myself..."Hmm...I should probably head back and store this quick before something happens..." Sure enough...I somehow fall in lava on the way back...get creeper bombed..etc. I believe lava has claimed around 9 diamonds from me by now, but that's ok I suppose =/

This is why if you ever go in to one of my mines you will see a cobblestone walll around ALL lava lol.

Last edited:
lol!

Yeah, I knew I was next to it, but I thought I was one level higher than the source blocks. I WAS WRONG. I mined, saw it coming through, hit the button to strafe away - and didn't move :(

Then it flowed out over all my stuff. Oh well. Tools have mostly been replaced, and I can always gather more materials.

Back