Server problem?

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
Is anyone else having problems staying connected to the server tonight?

I can connect and play for a few minutes before my game and the server lose communication, evidenced by the fact that I can move around and mine, but I can't pick up drops or go through portals. This was happening earlier this evening as well, maybe 9:00 pm CST. It is now 10:00 pm CST. Once I lose connection, I can't get back on for a while (no communication whatsoever with mykeiki.com). I was mining in the end a couple times with an enchanted pickaxe. Another time I was just shooting at a creeper in Skitherdville, which was not server-taxing at all (after 10 minutes of play).

Oh, the server says it hasn't gone down (uptime is 15 hours and counting), so it seems to be the internet. I'm trying to figure out if it is on my end or the server's.

I could try rebooting my computer, but it was doing the same thing over there on SSKitten's computer too. So rather than reboot, I'll just retire to bed. Maybe that's what the server is trying to tell me to do!

Last edited:
As mentioned before, I have been having internet issues, which is why this was happening.. It was going up and down all night, very frustrating for us here too.. :)

Unfortunately its not an easy fix.. The cable coming into our house appears to be very old, and there is an old splice connector in it, very close to the ground, so it will be very difficult to try and replace the connector.. Also, since the whole driveway where the cable comes into the house is concrete, and the cable was laid before the concrete went in, with no conduit, it will be a very large task to run new cable. Something about maybe using a water jet to cut a new hole under the concrete to run the cable through or something like that..

I will keep everyone updated as much as I can. Sorry for the trouble.

Okay! I didn't realize you had wiring issues too. I thought it was just Charter goofing something up before. XD
No problem! I won't pick fights with Endermen in the End while it's being finicky anymore, then. I learned my lesson! (Got my stuff back, though, which amazes me!)

Anyone have a problem tonight (09/28)? If I try to log on the server I either get a read time out error or I join the world but it never loads and then I get disconnected with an error. The Dynamic map seems to be having problems as well. Help me B L Simpson, you are my only hope!

I am so sorry, I couldn't resist. :eek:

Back