Should Tek write a Netiquette guide?

Should Tek write a Netiquette guide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'm interested to see if you all think a Netiquette guide could be helpful for our forums. The guide wouldn't apply only to our forums, of course, but I would write the guide with our forums in mind.

Can we all get a lifetime supply of cookies?

I think it would be rather interesting, as long as it is not held to like a drowning sailor in terms of a set rules.

thought u already wrote one a loooong time ago?

thought u already wrote one a loooong time ago?
I wrote the beginnings of an etiquette guide, long ago.

I could use that as a rough draft, polish it, then add new content.

I wrote the beginnings of an etiquette guide, long ago.

I could use that as a rough draft, polish it, then add new content.

I like to start over, if you have all the ideas to begin with you can generally make a better flow then if you try to incorporate prior chunks.

I think it would be great. Can we start a "Dear Tek" column?

Dear Tek,

I sent a memo to my co-workers regarding a project I have been working on. Some of them responded in anger; one won't talk to me right now. What did I do wrong? Here is the email:

EVERYBODY:

I NEED YOUR TPS REPORTS BY THE END OF THE DAY OR ELSE!

~S.

Signed,
Confused in Colorado

I think it would be great. Can we start a "Dear Tek" column?

Dear Tek,

I sent a memo to my co-workers regarding a project I have been working on. Some of them responded in anger; one won't talk to me right now. What did I do wrong? Here is the email:

EVERYBODY:

I NEED YOUR TPS REPORTS BY THE END OF THE DAY OR ELSE!

~S.

Signed,
Confused in Colorado
HAHAHAHA

Dear Tek,

I WANT TO MURDER MY EVIL COWORKER.

Thanks for your concern,
VK

PS. I can just imagine the fun
Homicidal VK,

While your co-worker might be evil, murder is a bad idea, no matter how you look at it.

First, murder is bad from a moral standpoint. (That one's obvious.)

Second, murder creates a tremendous amount of paperwork. This is not only bad for you (especially if you hate paperwork), it's bad for the environment.

Third, murder is bad from a creative standpoint. Remember, violence is for the unimaginative.

Instead of murdering your evil co-worker, why not concoct an absurdly complicated, yet humorous, plot to drive your co-worker to quit. Ideally, this plot could be contained in a 23- or 46-minute format with witty dialogue, plucky and attractive characters, and at least two examples of slapstick humor.

If the plot is sufficiently absurd, it will air on NBC.

If the plot is patently absurd, it will air on Fox.

If the plot is genuinely funny, it will also air on Fox, but you will never have the opportunity to create a second episode as your series will be canceled almost immediately.

I hope this guide to creatively driving your co-workers to quit their job and end up in financial ruin has deterred you from your murderous rage.

Sincerely,
Tek

deer Tek,

n0boddi @ w0rc cn red mi emales n mi bos is telin mi that 1m eelitr8 i d0nt no wat the prblm is i jst typ h0w i alwys typ ingme n he d0nt lik it cn u hlp plz plz plzkthnxbye.

uber n utah

Back