Siel is our server?

SKLURB

Called from Darkness Web Developer
I know it was in beta. I don't have a problem with it, just wanna know where to make a pre-select char.

We only get to preselect TWO. :eek:

"More Details on Preselection
September 14, 2009 1:56 PM

Aion's release is right around the corner, and our anticipation is running high! The beards and hairstyles of the character creator are groomed and lined up, jostling against each other in eagerness to be picked for your characters in this coming weekend's Preselection and Head Start Programs.

Preselection is a benefit available to anyone who preordered Aion. If you are not sure whether or not you are eligible, simply log in to your NCsoft Master Account to verify that your game account is listed and your account type is not designated as "Beta".

Starting 12:00 p.m. PDT (more) on September 18, 2009, eligible players will be able to start their game clients and log in to create a total of two characters ahead of everyone else. You can name and create these two characters through the standard character creator and be ready to play with these characters right when the game Head Start Program begins (but not beforehand). Preselection will end 9:00 a.m. PDT on September 20, 2009 (more).

Don't miss this great opportunity to claim your character's name before anyone else does. It isn't too late to preorder, even if you have been holding out."

Yes, for me anyway. West coast ftw!
I will be rolling on Siel.

edit: i originally chose siel cuz that's where you all wanted to roll, being the most popular server.

Last edited:
I'd prefer east coast.
My time to play is usually 10pm to midnight EST, so 7-9pm west coast time. Are you guys going to be in then? Saturdays or Sundays I'm likely on earlier.

I noticed that you chose Siel as your server. I'll play on whatever server you all chose. Though I would like to recommend against Siel. If I remember correctly, it was usually tagged with a "High" load marker in OB. An from what I've seen in forum posts that will likely get worse!
I would prefer to reduce lag and possible loading wait time by going on a different server; Yustiel maybe? (I'm in North Carolina, so East cost server is favored but that's just me)

Official launch server list:
[East] Azphel GMT-5
[East] Israphel GMT-5
[East] Lumiel GMT-5
[East] Marchutan GMT-5
[East] Triniel GMT-5
[East] Zikel GMT-5
[West] Ariel GMT-8
[West] Kaisinel GMT-8
[West] Nezekan GMT-8
[West] Siel GMT-8
[West] Vaizel GMT-8
[West] Yustiel GMT-8

4 servers right now seem to have the greatest forum activity and appear they will have high populations for grouping, PvP, and endgame at release:

EAST - Zikel (highest forum activity)
WEST - Nezekan (Second highest forum activity, large groups of Legions on this server planning weekly roaming PvP events with a proven track record from past games)
WEST - Siel (Third highest activity on forums, one of the original two closed beta servers)
EAST - Triniel (Seems to be a close fourth to Siel's activity on forums)

I am pretty comfortable with Siel as our server even if I am on the east coast, but I wanted to put it out there for consideration. The reason to pick High pop at release is because every server's populations settles in after the free month+ and anyone here that played WAR knows that if you didn't get in on one of the highest population servers at release, your server basically died. I know Aion is in a completely different league vs. WAR, but it doesn't hurt to make sure we feel secure in our decision.

Last edited:
I like the idea that Siel is the server of choice. Yes, I'm in an East Coast timezone and Siel is a West Coast timezone, but that's only a three hour time difference. That means if I need to gather resources, I have a three hour headstart before the "rush" hits. I see it as advantageous. :D

On wow, i played east and west coast servers (maybe even a central) and it didn't really seem to make much of a difference. for me anyhow.

edit: actually, i do remember, before any server upgrades had been done to WoW, my ping would be horribly high on EST servers (in the 5000 range constant). my text above refers to after TBC. Plus, i'm sure my net wasn't quite as fast as it is now, albeit still slow in comparison to other cable companies charging the same rate.

Last edited:
Just an FYI..All the North America servers are physically located on the East coast. The east/west issue is just the in-game clock and in-game events will play off it for prime time.

Last edited:
a word of warning: RuiNation will be playing on siel, which is effectively a mass zerg guild alliance which is most notorious for effectively KILLING two servers on WAR by creating massive roaming warbands that slaughter any pvp target availible. You have been warned.

Not sure how I feel about this.

In WAR, I was in a guild that played opposite Goon Squad, and when the servers were launching, there was much of the same types of warnings regarding them. In the end, It turned out we had 3 very large, and very talented guilds that met them in endless battle. Battlegrounds and random world pvp. It was fun, they had greater numbers and I wouldn't say the experience was a negative one for us at all. The point at which Goon Squad affected the server was when (like most other guilds) they moved on to other games, and because they were so large, it unbalanced scenario queues, threw off server pop, etc.

I am not sure I really mind having a legion on our server that is bent on persistent PvP (even if it is zerging). I would just be concerned to what happens if they bail.

EDIT: Looks like Ruin is going to be Elyos - http://www.ruinguild.org/ Siel has quite a few former WAR guilds coming, I expect the Abyss to be quite a bit of fun!

Last edited:
i heard a lot of ppl moved from siel to nezekan. many for the same reason as ruin. i dunno how well to heed the warning or not, lol. in any case, i still believe siel will be a high pop server.

Siel is one of the original 2 beta servers and for that reason alone will maintain a large pop. (I am basing that on every other MMO I have tested that had beta servers go live) It's hard to say how balanced it will be because there might be fewer Elyos guilds, and yet they might average larger memberships.

Having a large zerg Legion on the server may very well bring chaos, which in turn often brings some order (remember Fifth Element?) People take a stand, organize larger groups, create hunting parties, create more effective strategies and alliances. It may very well be one of the most fun PvP experiences we have in Aion too.

I will bring up the Goon Squad again. They love hype and enjoy the chaos they create within the games they play and it generates scandal (usually the anticipation of pain is much worse than the 'pain' itself), but if you don't feed them that, all they have left is to show up on the battleground and compete in good fun.

Battleground/Scenarios also have player limits. They get capped. Even the world PvP vs Goons was a blast because we never would have had that many players competing onscreen like that on any other server. "Goons are attacking X" and guilds would rally up and go out and meet them for some massive battles. None of the fights I have ever been in vs a zerg guild were overly one-sided.

I think the biggest bane of a zerg guild is their own numbers....it's very hard to organize a large group like that and every guild has trouble getting some of their members to log in to vent for coordination, zerg guilds included. Think of it as one massive PUG.

Yeah a large portion of the Nezekan Legions are migrating over to Zikel primarily. A smaller portion to Vaizel. The roaming PvP groups are going to Zikel from Nez also.

Where are people finding these announcements? Just in the Aionsource.com news?

All,

I wouldn't worry to much about a zerg guild jumping on the server and ruining the game. I was part of RUIN guild on WAR and they jumped from one server to another. If anything, they will add to the game and my hopes that NCsoft will better handle PvPvE then Mythic handled WARHAMMER. Plus, its two different types of games. See you guys soon!

I was a little disappointed to see Siel was an WC server since I'm on the EC. But after reading hat they are all located on the EC anyhow I suppose the game time doesn't matter too much to me. Either way I'm going wherever you guys decide to play/ So is Siel the definite server now?

Back