*sigh*

Melinarlia

So....you guys might not see Meli on or any of my alts. I shut down my computer to take it elsewhere on campus and when I tried to boot it back up....it boots up to a certain point before it stops responding and then tries restarting. It's a never ending loop really. I've talked to a few of my friends and I've pretty much decided that it's about time that I get a new computer. My friend showed me a cheap way to get a good semi-pre-built computer. They're called "Barebone computers" from newegg.com and since I've wanted to be able to build my own desktop, this is a way I can do that and at least have a good foundation. If I order it this weekend, I might be able to get back on before the end of this week and I head back home. Anyways, I hope you guys don't miss me too much for the next couple of days. Although I might end up hijacking a computer in the IST building with WoW already installed on it and play there. We'll see how addicted to WoW I really am. ^^;;

:(

Sorry to hear that, Meli. Although I can heartily recommend both Newegg and building your own. I have built my last several, and my current system was built entirely out of parts I ordered through Newegg. Spent less than half of what I would have if I bought the same system prebuilt.

Hope to see you back on soon!

I also recommend building your own PC. I would suggest taking advantage of the duel core processors, as well.

Here's what I'm looking at getting. I showed my friend and the only concern he had was with the on board video card and me playing WoW using that on board video card. My argument....I played on my laptop. And he agreed and said that it'd be ok. ^^;;

Barebone computer
Optical Drive
Hard Drive
Monitor
Speakers
RAM(I'll probably get two sticks of these)
Processor

All of this including shipping would cost me just under $700. I've convinced my mom to let me do this but I plan on paying her back for this once I can. This is getting me so excited cuz then I can finally say I put together my own computer! ^_^

macintosh.jpg

GOOD NEWS!!

My laptop works again.... >.> (I think that's good news)

So no new computer just yet. I'll finish off this semester with this laptop and maybe I'll get a new one if I get an internship for the summer. =D

Reformatted this thing and am in the process of getting everything back to the way I like it without cluttering it up too much. See you guys in game and maybe gameplay will be a bit better for me. =P

Melli you deffinately DO NOT want to use the intergrated video card. I am sure that your laptop is not using an intergrated one, it more then likely has some sort of video card built into it. I would also suggest you get this cpu instead. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005

It has the faster FSB speed which will make it a little faster. For a video card I am not sure what your budget is but I would suggest something like this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150208
It will run WoW beautifully. If that is to much you can get this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130075
It will run WoW also well. Just my 2cps. Oh yeah definately get the 2 sticks of ram.

I don't have a budget at the moment since the money I would've spent would've been my mom's and I feel terrible as it is asking her for money. Thanks for the input. I'll just hang onto this thread and hope that I can do this when I have the money for it. =)

Back